New addition to my family

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neophyte

Something that one just can't keep quiet about - the birth of a child...

She was born yesterday morning at 7:50am SA time (GMT+2), she weighed 8.98 pounds and was 22.44 inches tall. She is in the Neo-Natal ICU at the moment due to low(ish) blood sugar and respiratory function but it's getting much better by the hour and is looking very positive.

My wife's type 2 diabetic which apparently is the cause to the low 'problems' if you want to see it that way. With suddenly being cut of from her mother her blood sugar was expected to drop a bit and the doctor's said she might have to be monitored for breathing problems. Yesterday morning at about 9 her oxygen supply (not on ventilator) was on 62% and by 1pm it was already at 35% and last night at 7pm it was at 25%. Blood sugar is still a bit low but also improving.

BTW - Mom is also doing fine, just sore from the C-section's cut.

Will keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• 20080117306_resize.jpg
    20080117306_resize.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20080117307_resize.jpg
    20080117307_resize.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20080117122538-MVC-004S.JPG
    20080117122538-MVC-004S.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 6
  • 20080117122528-MVC-003S.JPG
    20080117122528-MVC-003S.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20080117123118-MVC-006S.JPG
    20080117123118-MVC-006S.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 4
Fantastic, I'm really happy for you and your wife. Beautiful Daughter you have there. My Son Dan had respiratory problems when he and his Brother were born (premature, one weighed 3# 14 oz the other was 4 # 1 oz, so they were tiny) He pulled through it fine, although he is also Diabetic like your wife, but that is not from the respiratory thing. I wish her well and know she will be just fine, kids are very tough.

Better start saving up now, those weddings are expensive Pop ! :D:D:D:D

Don

Congrats!

Neo,
Congrats guy! I'm sure most of us older guys can tell u... it seems like just yesterday when our kids were born! I have 2 girls & a boy & 5 grandkids! My advice is to enjoy her everyday while she's a kid... she'll be grown in what seems like no time @ all!!! And ISore is right, sleep... what dat! ; - >

BoB

Congratulations! My son also had tons of problems at birth, now 14, and soon he will be bigger than me. It is really hard on the parents when babies have problems to deal with, but I know she will be fine. Hang in there.

Thanks a lot guys! We'll definitely enjoy her! She's already much better now. Off the oxygen and sugar levels are fine now. Over the next day or so she must just be weened off the medication used to get the pancreas going and she should be coming out of the ICU by Sunday or Monday. My 6 year old son is getting very anxious to see her but I'm taking him tomorrow to see her through the ICU's viewing window. I think he also just wants to see for himself that she's ok.

Yeah, you should hear all the plans he's got for her to play with him. Two months ago he already wanted to start counting the "sleeps" so about two week ago we told him how many's left. Evry morning while still trying to wake up he'll be very clear about how many "sleeps" are left.

Congratulations on the newest addition. Good to hear that her big brother is excited to. Don't worry about the sleep, you'll get what you need to keep everyone heading in the right direction....and still have enough energy to finish up the sedan so eveyone can cruise together

Latest posts

Back