New and wanting to build a 1930 Model A Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Strunk

Banned
Came across this website. What a wealth of knowledge. Have enjoyed searching the website.

I am interested in building a '30 model A Sedan. I am about to buy a car locally. I have built a protouring '69 Camaro which took me 7 years. This was my first project. I did as much as I could during the building process, except bodywork and paint. I have met and become friends with a couple of car guys who have lent their knowledge or help on the project. The car can be viewed on the following website:
http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=68

I am wanting to get this model A project to work on with my son Treyson. I would like to chop the car, and channel it to get a very low look.

Excited to use this website as a resource for building the car.

Thanks,
Shawn

Welcome aboard Shawn. Checked out the Camaro :eek:.............dude, ya better get that Model-A and get busy cause the Camaro isn't very 'ratty' at all :D Keep us posted, we love father/son projects! [cl

Welcome to the site we're glad ya showed up [cl
The bio on the car says naturally aspirated, does that mean ya have to choke it by hand [ddev
Enjoy forum and start a build thread as soon as possible with lots of pics [P

Welcome from Michigan

Camaro is VERY nice..... like was said, probably better to Z it than channel..welcome to the RRR..we'll be waiting for some pics of the A....[P

Can you Z the frame in the front and back, and leave the stock floor in place. Or do you have to completely cut it out?

Well it's technically possible, but it sure would look funky. If you're going to set it low you will need to cut the floor for a channel. It will have to be cut for the Z anyways, so you aren't really saving much work. You can use 2x3 tubing for the frame under the body and only have to channel it 3". Even the biggest guys can live with that...

hey i have a 27 model t sedan project if your into that type of rod check it out its posted on here. its pretty easy to channel these bodies. there isnt much to them . im finding its harder to fiqure out how to mount the body to the frame [;)

Welcome to the site for nonconforming gearheads

Glad you are aboard Shawn. As far as "Z'ing" your sedan chassis goes, why not? Yes the floors will be strange but I believe there is always a work around. I kicked ( "Z"d) my 38' Ford pickup chassis 6" in the front and 21" in the back. My bed is about 8" deep and the floor is sloped up at the front. It seems to be working out good. Granted you will lose rear seat room but if you are going to haul around some folks make them sit on the rear kick. My build is posted but the pictures do not show the chassis build in any detail. If you are interested PM me and I can send along some more pictures that will show more. The floors and some of the details are shown in "Builds" then search "My project 36' Ford pickup". Just some ideas. Good luck. Steve

Latest posts

Back