new daily and shop test mule

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
I picked this up a little while ago. it is going to be a daily beater and a shop test mule for whatever we want to demo eg: turbo systems, motor combos etc. it is a 90 C1500, already lowered, and has a 04 5.3L motor with an 04 Z06 cam and springs already. got it for $700. needs a tranny and put the pieces back on. [cl[;)

Attachments

• 90 c1500 2.jpg
    90 c1500 2.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 90 c1500 1.jpg
    90 c1500 1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 85
Now that's a nice deal. Remember, you can't leave RRR because you are the resident "L" motor expert.:)

Remember, you can't leave RRR because you are the resident "L" motor expert.:)

Hahaha! I'm not going anywhere. have no fear. Funny thing about this truck is that it was one of the first swaps we did 4 years ago. it went through 2 people, started to be built into a drag only truck, and then the bailed on it. just happened to hear about it and scouped it up.

I am hemming and hawing on my 35 ford rat project. I have a 6.0L (LQ4 chevy) but I found a good line on a duramx diesel. sooo, back to my A.D.D. thoughts......[S

sometime things just work out.....

I was searching for a tranny in the local bone yards and came across this jem. it is a 2002 GMC trans that a place had listed online. The stock number was old and the guys didn't remember having it. Said they got it in 04 and didn't know how many miles were on it. so they gave it to me for $350. going rate for a 4L60E is $800 up here. turns out it only has 28K miles on it. very clean inside. no work needed! [cl

puts me into this rig $1150 so far

Opened the trans up and it litterally looked brand new inside so I just buttoned it back up and threw it in the truck. Hope to get the wiring harness laid in and the cooler line built sunday. I scored a loc rite locker for it out of a used truck here at work because it had broken springs. Spring kit from summit was $17 shipped. had to break down and spend $10 on a new trans dipstick tube and $16 on a trans mount. A free set of 225/70R15's for the winter rollers came from the used tire pile too. So that puts me into this truck $1193 so far. [cl[cl

Attachments

• 90 c1500 3.jpg
    90 c1500 3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 9
Can't buy a transportation special for 1200....

Opened the trans up and it litterally looked brand new inside so I just buttoned it back up and threw it in the truck. Hope to get the wiring harness laid in and the cooler line built sunday. I scored a loc rite locker for it out of a used truck here at work because it had broken springs. Spring kit from summit was $17 shipped. had to break down and spend $10 on a new trans dipstick tube and $16 on a trans mount. A free set of 225/70R15's for the winter rollers came from the used tire pile too. So that puts me into this truck $1193 so far. [cl[cl

sounds like you're keeping this low build build..low buck....great score on the locker....... 17 bucks for the spring kit... I like cheap....[cl

Uuggghhh!!

spent 3 hours this morning straightening out the wiring harness that was supposed to be all set to drop in. I guess I am just werid and don't like open blade connectors wrapped in scotch tape in a harness that is exposed to the weather![S

spent 3 hours this morning straightening out the wiring harness that was supposed to be all set to drop in. I guess I am just werid and don't like open blade connectors wrapped in scotch tape in a harness that is exposed to the weather![S

Well yeah....eveyone knows you need to wrap the blade connectors with duct tape:D

after whining and searching for a shifter Z bar for a week I decided to just make one. I found the U bracket and a stub of the bar on an old tranny I had. Just bent up a chunk of 3/8" stainless rod that I use for exhaust hangers, added a spring, washer, large flange nut in the frame hole, and a piece of 1/4" flat plate to finish it up. Oh and about 25 minutes of labor![cl

Attachments

• 90 c1500 4.jpg
    90 c1500 4.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back