New Dreamer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogfather

Hey Folks My Name is Edward aka Dogfather Campbell
I have been on here for a while as part of my research on Building my own Special Ride and just realized I have not Introduced myself.

I'm a Retired Army Line Medic and spent my first year twiddling my thumbs then decided to get involved in the Custom Car/truck Culture. I'm a Truck guy at Heart and so I have all types of trucks 4X4's mini's, Stock, 2wd, and so on now I want to build a Rat style Kind of! but I'm Thinking to start with I have a 76 Toyota Pickup cab and then as I save my Money and Find a 35-39 Ford cab I can then Yank the toy cab and do it up right..

So there is my Thing Happy reading you all..

Hello and welcome from northern Alberta. I have been putting a '36 cab on a Ranger running gear, so there might be a few tidbits of info in my 'builds' for you. A '36 Ford truck on a Ranger is the build name.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Tnks for the warm welcome guys so let me tell you the story.

I picked up this 1976 Toyota Long bed for free the PO got tired of being stranded on the side of the road. Well after 14 fuel filters I figured out that the top of the gas tank was rusted filling the carb with crap......

01.jpg

So a buddy of mine picked up a 78 toy Motor home that had a fire in it and I swapped the front clip the carb and Fuel tank and it was a great little rig

24.jpg

Then I got some Chrome rims for Christmas from the wife

08.jpg

Got some new doors and the front clip from the motor home and ordered a New lower valance...

47.jpg

Then the mini truckers made me feel Tall so I jerked all the suspention out of it.

38.jpg

Then I came home spent $80 on Rattle can and felt better about the little truck....

44.jpg

So then some so called friends of mine talked me into Doing a 4" Body
"oh we can have it donon a couple weekends"

70.jpg

That was Nov 2010 I never seen those guys again.

74.jpg

84.jpg

90.jpg

So it's in Many Pieces and Now going a differant direction

and I'll Start Build thread on the left over parts I am going to start with and what direction I go..

Thanks for your interest

Tnks for the warm welcome guys so let me tell you the story.

I picked up this 1976 Toyota Long bed for free the PO got tired of being stranded on the side of the road. Well after 14 fuel filters I figured out that the top of the gas tank was rusted filling the carb with crap......

So a buddy of mine picked up a 78 toy Motor home that had a fire in it and I swapped the front clip the carb and Fuel tank and it was a great little rig

Then I got some Chrome rims for Christmas from the wife

Got some new doors and the front clip from the motor home and ordered a New lower valance...

Then the mini truckers made me feel Tall so I jerked all the suspention out of it.

Then I came home spent $80 on Rattle can and felt better about the little truck....

So then some so called friends of mine talked me into Doing a 4" Body
"oh we can have it donon a couple weekends"

That was Nov 2010 I never seen those guys again.

So it's in Many Pieces and Now going a differant direction

and I'll Start Build thread on the left over parts I am going to start with and what direction I go..

Thanks for your interest

They helped you take it apart then you never saw them again? Them are some crappy friends! Or you stopped buying beer :D

JMLcolorado Thanks for the giggle Bro...LOL

So I been looking arond and I see the old Steel is where all your Hearts are.
SamFear Dude you rock..

Thanks for making me feel welcome and Now I see why you do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back