New Frames!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I'm going to Kansas this weekend to pick up 2 Model A pick up frames with clear titles. Ones a 29 the other a 30. Yeah! I'll be using one for the 30 Cab I have. The other hmmm, maybe I can talk Chipper out of the 29 body he has.

I also found a 36 Plymouth frame on Craigslist yesterday. I'm going to go look at it tonight. Should work fine for my 35 Plymouth Tudor.

I had got excited over the weekend, I had found a '30 model a coupe body and frame, he was asking a little too much, but figured I would call anyways and go have a look. Was on Kijiji for less then an hour and sold already... $2850 in less then an hour. Sorry to ramble just really suprised me it went so damn fast.

I had got excited over the weekend, I had found a '30 model a coupe body and frame, he was asking a little too much, but figured I would call anyways and go have a look. Was on Kijiji for less then an hour and sold already... $2850 in less then an hour. Sorry to ramble just really suprised me it went so damn fast.

If it was anything buildable that's a pretty good price IMO.

that was a steal. no wonder it went so fast.

There was more then a little big of cancer, the bottom of both doors were missing almost 6", there was nothing below the deck lid... I figured a little on the high side as I had also came accross an almost complete (parts wise) '31 sedan in better condition and he was asking $4000... so it didn't seem like such a great price on the Coupe at the time. Maybe I need to rethink what some stuff is worth[S

Just pick this up today. $150 Frame from a 37 Dodge. Should work just fine for a 35 Plymouth or even the 38 Chevy truck. If not I have a plasma cutter and a welder it can be made to work. The frame is boxed in front and to the rear of the X-member. Nice kick up front and rear. Looks good and strong. I really like all those lighting holes in the X-member and rear cross member.

001.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

I'm about 3/4 oftheway home right now after driving to Kansas and back after picking up 2 Model A frames with Titles clear and signed releasing ownership.[cl
Both are for PK I guess pickups, one 1929 andthe other 1930.

The guy has tons of stuff glad I didn't bring my trailer or it would be full. He has tons of cars for sale e.g. a running 1946 Ford Fordor for $3000, a 27 T convertible almost complete for $1000 and lots more.(sorry no pictures, I know fool fool fool!!!)

Well anyway I'll have frame pictures tomorrow when I get home.

Well here they are. Not much to look at. Ones missing a center cross member and the other had the frame horns cut off but a pair are included. They were used as trailers so the have some weld boogers to grind off. But most important two titles.

180.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

Is that serial # the same as engine #? I was under the impression that Model A`s are titled off the engine. Is that not correct?

Latest posts

Back