New from Arizona

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckster

Introduced to the forum by DJ3100 (F2stang). Very impressed by the level of creativity and skill I am finding here. I hope to be able to figure out how to post pictures and contribute as well as learn from you. Will try to get some photos up in an order that make some sense.

I have past experience in welding/fabricating, building and racing Porsches, also with sandrails, high end Cobra replica, 4x4's. Have gone the chrome and billet route, but (no disprespect intended) I can only look at so many '32 Fords before they all start to look like different colors of the same thing. I know how much work goes into getting something on the road (or track) and didn't want to spend the time, effort and money on something that there would be a lot more than one of.

This project started out with a '78 Chev one ton dually with a 454 BBC, and with a '48 Chev 6400 firetruck. Loosely based on a concept out of 2007 Rod & Custom, but probably not recognizeable as such. Did keep the name however, "truckster". I have been playing at it for about a year, but with lots of interruptions. Figure that posting here will help me recommit to it and move it along a little faster.

Thank you DJ3100. Now, if I can just figure out how to post pictures.....

Nice intro. (Try re-sizing the pictures a little smaller) I am looking forward to seeing the pictures, because I am picturing the "Family Truckster" and I am guessing I may be off a bit.

welcome to the RRR! when ya get that photo thing figured out, we'd like to see not only the current project, but also some of those others thar were mentioned......

....we like pics around here:D:D

Thanks to all for the welcome, I can see that this forum is going to be a major time sink.

Figured out how to get some pictures posted. Posted under 48 fire truck roadster. Not very original, or descriptive. But, it is unique.

Have more progress to describe and pix to post, but need to save some time to actually do some work.

Last edited:
Welcome from 35 miles west
tumbleweed-1.gif

just a quick note to thank all of you who have extended a welcome.

I love Earthman's emoticon. That is creative!

I invite you to check out the build I am doing. 48 fire truck roadster. Probably should have titled it "dually roadster".

Would appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. Right now, I am just trying to catch the thread up to where the build is at, but I am at a point that I am going to need to tap into the greater reservoir of talent, experience and knowledge that you all have.

Thanks again.

Remember, half the people you know are below average.

Latest posts

Back