New from Australia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy

Hi everyone, I'll start by saying awesome rigs I'm seeing and great life style to be part of.
I've always had an interest in cars of all sorts and worked on them from a young age.
I've never really had a rat rod per say, although all the cars I have had in the past have been built up by sourcing parts from wrecking yards and I never take a car to a mechanic so in essence though they are all ratted in some way.
I recently followed a link here to a Dodge build by Wendle, great work and truly inspired by the outcome.

My story is simple, I'm still studying art and design, I've developed a small graphic design business tonicourt.com and I paint houses, put up guttering and fix peoples cars on the side to raise coin. I'll pretty much try anything, If someone asks me to do something I'll agree, and if I've never done it before, I'll google it.

I currently drive a 1989 short wheel base Mitsubishi Pajero which I purchased cheap and built up after taking my 1989 Mitsubishi Triton off the road for engine repairs (I think the triton is a mighty max in the states)

Anyway, this is when I got to thinking about a cab change of some sort, something cheap and less popular would suit my zero start budget, and then I found this old J type bedford going cheap so I snapped it up, all 6 metres of it.

I looked all over the internet and managed to find 2 so far that have been involved in cab changes. One was a reference image on this site not long ago and the other is a tidy little yellow pick up.

Ok enough of my rambling, here's my inspiration and evidence it can be done

yellow58bedford1.jpg

And here's my ratty looking vision

myrat.jpg

I'm certain I will find a wealth of inspiration around this site and look forward to seeing all the other rigs people have built up.

Ps- My other hobby is photographing roller derby girls, they're just much more sexier than regular girls [dr

Cheers, Stacy

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be sure to take heaps of pics during the process and start up a build thread. Should be fun, I get fairly creative and love to improvise.

And as requested, here's some derby girls from the last big bout I attended, it was 9 teams, 1 weekend, Tropicarnage Cup. [P

dsc1031k.jpg

dsc1015d.jpg

40071134.jpg

55082712.jpg

32962186.jpg

72960521.jpg

Wifes best friend lives in Brisbane she was just up here in January..

That's where I am, the house I live in was 30 ft under water a year ago during major flooding. Everyone did a good job getting their lives back together, houses are still on the mend, I'm painting a house across the road they just got finished renovating.

That's where I am, the house I live in was 30 ft under water a year ago during major flooding. Everyone did a good job getting their lives back together, houses are still on the mend, I'm painting a house across the road they just got finished renovating.

she is in QSLD, lives near the University she has been down there 12 years and really loves it ..

Yep, good old Queensland, born and raised here, I've never really left the area I grew up in, and funnily enough the house I live in now is right across the road from the one I grew up in, family friends I helped out after the floods gave me somewhere cheap to stay while I do my studies and get set up. Do good for people and they return the ten fold!

Yep, good old Queensland, born and raised here, I've never really left the area I grew up in, and funnily enough the house I live in now is right across the road from the one I grew up in, family friends I helped out after the floods gave me somewhere cheap to stay while I do my studies and get set up. Do good for people and they return the ten fold!

The water got close, about a block away from her house, but it missed her.. We all should be so kind as to help others, even those we will never know !!

Thanks for making me feel at home fellas, it's good to know there's such a friendly bunch of like minded enthusiasts around. Can't wait to get started on this project, I've just been doing my research and making sure I'm with in the guide lines of our national code of practice, as you may know from other aussie guys we have some strict laws with regards to custom cars so I'll be starting simple, but that's fine, something that functions and resembles my vision will be a pleasing outcome for now.

It's been a hot summer I know that much, and it supposedly ended but someone forgot to tell mother nature to wrap it up and send it back over your side of the globe :cool:

Latest posts

Back