New from Australia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice of you to stop in ....Welcome...

Looks like you're having a bit of fun!! Glad to hear you weren't swept away....welcome to the RRR!!

I currently drive a 1989 short wheel base Mitsubishi Pajero which I purchased cheap and built up after taking my 1989 Mitsubishi Triton off the road for engine repairs (I think the triton is a mighty max in the states)

Anyway, this is when I got to thinking about a cab change of some sort, something cheap and less popular would suit my zero start budget, and then I found this old J type bedford going cheap so I snapped it up, all 6 metres of it.

I'm certain I will find a wealth of inspiration around this site and look forward to seeing all the other rigs people have built up

Cheers, Stacy
Another brissie petrol head found on this site, go figure !!!
Regards to the body swap , there are a few rules and regs regarding this, best to contact QLD DOT,the rules are getting harder and harder
Me personally id go a long wheel base donor rather than a short wheel base

I don't think you can do a body swap in Qld these days, though its still ok in Vic.

You'd be best off to contact the TAC (technical advisory committee of the Australian Street Rod Federation) as most rods in Qld are rego'd via the asrf.

If you want to talk about it in a hotrod forum try www.ozrodders.com
I think there was a similar thread on the subject recently

Yeah I spoke to a fella from TAC and he said they only deal in pre 48 so could not be of any real assistance, but he did say there is no need to join ASRF for post 48 conversions. I have been reading through all sorts of material including the national code of practice and it seems still possible. I'll be meeting with main roads next week to discuss also, will let you know how it goes.

@ L28 rat- Truck cab will be going on the triton chassis

So keen to get into it, truck comes on Saturday

A hardy Northwest USA welcome

Sorry to hear about all the flood destruction and am not surprised that you all pulled together to rebuild. People can be exceedingly great under dire circumstances. Hope you overcome the rules requirements and build a great ride. Steve

Latest posts

Back