New From Central Wisconsin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

49 Ford Rat

Hey everyone, I recently bought a 49 ford f-1 from my grandpa that he used as part trucks to restore his 49 f-1. I have a 3 speed transmission for it and also a 226 straight six ready to go in it.

I may upgrade the straight 6 one with a v8 but I thought it would be kind of different to try it out. Not expecting a whole lot of power but it should fun to cruise around in.

My plan is to use the origional frame, move the front axle forward 10 inches, and channel the cab around 10 inches. also i am going to do a fenderless build as well.

Im really excited to get the rod started as soon as the wisconin weather warms up a bit and I will definitely be asking alot of questons on this forum as well.

Attachments

• 301099_105885236181852_100002811284609_34110_1552349_n.jpg
    301099_105885236181852_100002811284609_34110_1552349_n.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 14
ya, i thought about doing that but Im afraid to start it, because I dont have enough experience and skill to attempt it.

Can you, or do you know someone that can safely weld a frame? After that, it's all just a matter of measuring carefully and making a jig to keep things from moving before you cut. (and re-measuring before it's finish welded)

A channel is probably going to make that cab uncomfortably small.

Can you, or do you know someone that can safely weld a frame? After that, it's all just a matter of measuring carefully and making a jig to keep things from moving before you cut. (and re-measuring before it's finish welded)

A channel is probably going to make that cab uncomfortably small.

Ya i think i will get someone to do it for me, its sounds like it would be the best thing for me and pay off in the long run.

Thanks

Study some of the builds, start your own build thread, take plenty of pictures, and ask a lot of questions - there are a lot of guys on here that know there stuff and will gladly get you moving in the right direction. Just don't get in a hurry. :)

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Appleton. This weekend the rat *******s are having their. Winter car show at Hank and karens pub and grill on Saturday. You should come check it out. Its Saturday starting at 11.

Welcome to the forum! I'm from Appleton. This weekend the rat *******s are having their. Winter car show at Hank and karens pub and grill on Saturday. You should come check it out. Its Saturday starting at 11.

hey! wont be able to make it this weekend, but thanks for letting me know. once i get my rod done i'll definitely be taking it to as many shows as i can.

Latest posts

Back