New from Fla.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdixiemiller

Greetings Earth Creatures!
I just found this forum, decided to join in. I have been wanting to build a rod for many years, but couldn't see spending 40K on Chrome, billet aluminum, and paint. I really liked the rods my Dad told me about building in the late 40's and early 50's. Then, I saw a Rat Rod Run in Wisconsin last week. My dream rods exist! I am excited about the truck cab style rods, I think I would like to use an M35 (deuce and a half) cab for my own build. A big straight six or straight eight, suicide front end, dual wheels on back, flat OD green, white star on the door. Oh yeah!
I am a robotics engineer, spent 260 days this last year on the road. I have been a paint shop engineer or welding shop engineer for the last 15 years. I doubt I have time any where soon to build one, but I can look at everyone else's stuff and cheer you on! I have to say, I am impressed with the building skills. Everyone seems to build them safe, cool, and no frills. I think I have found my hobby!
Best regards
Robert Miller

Welcome to the forum. Glad that you found your new hobby,all the stuff on here is pretty cool.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Thanks guys (and gals!) for the welcome.
I like the looks of the site, and the no flaming rules. I appreciate all kinds of cars and modifications, even the kids with their Rice Rockets. It's all about working with what you've got. The only thing I am picky about is safety, everything else is up to the owner/builder.
Regards
Robert

Where am I?

welcome, Robert
what part of Florida? i am in baker, close to Pensacola, Tracy
I am in Point Washington, about 1/2 way between Panama City and Fort Walton. I know exactly where Baker is, been there several times over the years. I have lived here off and on since 1969, went to Freeport High School. Graduated from OWJC about 25 years ago. I am a Fish head, and proud of it!

Latest posts

Back