New From Michigan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motrhd

Thought I'd take a minute to say hello from the west side of Michigan. I have been looking around here for a week or so and like what I see so I registered.
I have been around cars and motorcycles since I could walk, I started drag racing my dads car before I had a drivers license and have had show vehicles in magazines. Now that I'm in my mid fifties I am building a rat rod roadster pick up, and my wife and I really enjoy riding our Harleys. A fun fact.....my wife is as stoked about the rat as I am. I will get some pics up when I can, but for now, I purchased it as an unfinished project......a 1927 dodge cowl with a pick up built around it. It has a speedway round tube straight axle with disc brakes, boxed frame, 1994 cougar independant rear, and both front and rear is on air bags. It is set up for a Ford 300 six and C6 auto, but I got a super deal on a fresh 351W, so you can guess what I'll use for power...LOL
Oh yeah.......I still have a Cushman too.
So that should give you all some background about me, I look forward to all the great input I see here,
Thanks

This is with out a doubt the best bunch of people gathered in one place I've seen too.
I know you'll like it here so Welcome to RRR :)
Sounds like you've got some exciting stuff in the works be waitin to see your build thread and be sure to post lots of pics.

Jim

Thanks for the welcome, that's what I really like about this forum, even though everyone has their own ideas, it's all good ! Way cool ! Skull, I believe the Cushman is like a model 50, not sure of the year, pretty sure it's pre 60. My dad bought it when I was a kid (around 11) and we both rode it around until one day I blew the spark plug out of the head and it hasn't run since. I will be bringing it home soon and check it out, my dad passed a couple weeks ago and my mom wants me to get it out of there so there's no bickering with the siblings, funny what a death in the family does to some people....LOL, I don't want or expect anything, but I'll take that piece of my childhood and restore it.........dad would like that :)

I'll get pics up of both projects as soon as I can.

Thanks again

Welcome to RRR..pics of both projects please:D I'd like to find a cushman project, seems like it would be fun

Thanks for the welcome everybody, I'll be dragging the Cushman home sometime this weekend and I'll try to get pics of both projects up. The cushman is a step thru design, not an eagle, but it has been in our family since the 60's. The cushman will be on the back burner for a while as I already have two major projects for this winter.... the rat rod, and I am doing some major changes on my Harley.
Izzy, if by armpit, you mean Muskegon, that's funny ! I reside on the north side where we can still leave our doors unlocked and we actually talk to our neighbors. Sparta is a nice area, some of my family originated in Conklin.

Man I know that feeling......I had a Cushman Eagle that I bought when I was 12 or 13 for $22, I pushed it home and fixed it, wish I still had it ! Of course that list goes on and on for me, 66 Nova SS that I bought for $600 as a driver, 69 Coronet RT 440 for $650 in mint condition, 40 Ford panel truck for $3500-solid builder, etc,etc......

Latest posts

Back