New from Portland,OR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawman

Hi, my name is Andrew and I am 17 with some skills to get things started, but not always finished. I have a lot of projects between me and my dad, and sister. I just started working on my 27 T bucket. it is fiber glass and has alloy wheels, so it is not really a rat, but I would rather it be a rat. just cant figure out how to give it that look with out rebuilding things that were already built. I also got a 1932 ford AAB 1 1/2 ton truck that is going to be my first rat build. is there anyone else in my parts of the traffic jam?

I was thinking steel wheels solid or maybe spokes for the bucket. I also through in some pictures of some of the other projects i got.

the 55 ford I would like to make a lead sled out of. the 1932 AAB I can figure out what to do with. It is 95% all there with the original model B banger motor. I have actually drove it around the drive. I want to make it a traditional hot rod rat rod keeping the drive train, wheels, and flat bed. I would like to get rid of the front fenders, suicide front axle, air bags all around, speed equipment on the banger, some kind overdrive, leave the stock wheel centers and put modern lo pro 20'' tires on it. BUT as I said it is 95% there and the AAB was only made for 3 months, so I am having trouble modifying it. the 73 D100 I would like to keep, but I have to many projects and stuff. If I keep it I will get rid of the front clip put a suicide front axle up front. it already has a BB 400, would probably put a cam in it. bring the rear axle up to the back of the cab a few feet, shorten the box a lot to fit, and slam it on the ground. here some pictures.

Attachments

• IMGP0514.JPG
    IMGP0514.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP1289.JPG
    IMGP1289.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMGP1305.JPG
    IMGP1305.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMGP1093.JPG
    IMGP1093.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP1095.JPG
    IMGP1095.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGP1244.JPG
    IMGP1244.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMGP0881.JPG
    IMGP0881.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 9
Nice

I saw one old ford like that on another site the guy had used a set of dana 44 axles front and rear and had it set up with 4x4.
I posted on his thread what parts he could interchange on his 4x4 gear to run disc brakes on the old drum brake 44 front

I saw one guy on here put a dana 60 center into has stock 36 1ton rear end to keep the tires and get the right gear ratio. I was thinking of doing something like that maybe. the 32 I think has a 5. or 6.:1 ratio. so tacked out at about 30-40 which is no fun.

DARK RACING I started a build thread titled 27 T bucket project if you want to see more about that rig.

VonHyde how can I find a list of events in the Washington area? seems like WA has a lot more better shows then OR. I went to HOTRODARAMA and Rat *******s Infestation in 2010 and I like that style of show, but just dont see much of that down in OR, so I guess I have to go up your way for the good shows.

Latest posts

Back