New from Washington

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

51ChevyPU

Hey everyone. I'm new to the rat roding. I'm slowly being converted by my wife. Now I'm in the process of building my '51 Chevy pick up, hence the name. I'm using a 307, T5, and s10 3.73 4x4 rear end for my drive train. I'm also using the s10 chassis. It is cut down to 114" wheel base, and the bed and running boards are cut to match. I wouldn't say that it was hard, just took some time. I still have a ways to go before I'm driving it. I lost my job a few months ago so it's gonna be a while longer before I'm driving it. For now I'm just gonna be watching everyone else's builds and giving my .02 every once and a while. Here are a few pic's of mine to look at.
DSC04906.jpg

DSC04891.jpg

DSC04905.jpg

I was just over that way last weekend. I wish I had a trailer with me. There is so much out there, looks like all in good condition. I'm bringing a couple grand and a flat bed trailer next time I go out that way. And thanks.

Welcome 51chevyPu.........nice project, thanks for posting pictures. Look forward to more posts from you.

welcome to the RRR! this is a good place to hang out , and there are lots of good folks here willing to help ya if/when needed....
good looking truck ya got there too:cool:

51 chev new from washington

Way cool ride, looks like you are getting it toghter very well. What are your planns for it? Chop the top lower it?

Keep us posted and good luck with the job hunt.

52 fordman

Rust never sleeps

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not going to chop it. I'm to tall to do that. It already sits 6" from the running boards off the ground, that's low enough for me. I'm thinking my next build I will do all that stuff and make it so I can fit.

Welcome to RRR, %1ChevyPU. Nice looking truck. Plenty of other AD builds to get some ideas from. Enjoy your stay, I'm sure you'll like it here.

Latest posts

Back