New Girl From Northern Wisconsin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty54

Hi I am Laura :) I live in Northern Wisconsin. I am going to start building my first rat rod. I have restored and modified cars for the last 10 years. I am pretty good at paint/body and upholstery both of which I do professionally. I am not that confident with my skills at modifying suspensions and engines so with this project I am hoping to get more comfortable with it. As I hopefully will be bagging my new truck but I am sure I will need some direction.

About a month ago I bought a running/driving 54 International R110. I am working on getting it road worthy and then I am going to start modifying.

P1080966.jpg
[/IMG]

P1080972.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my first sketch of what I would like to accomplish.

ideasketch1.jpg
[/IMG]

Awesome International. I'm a big fan of that style. I'm from Central Wisconsin myself, been through Superior a few times. Love that area. Good luck with your truck :)

Welcome to the site! You had me at "International"! :D

Keep us posted on your progress. Plenty of people here that can help with advise and such on suspensions and engines.

-Troy

Welcome to the sight I haven't been here long but the people seem very helpful if you get stumped on anything look like you have a good solid start good luck

Nice start on new project

Welcome to this great forum. I wouldn't worry about your mechanical skills. If you have done paint and upholstery successfully then the mechanical is just reading, asking and practice. Have lots of fun with the build and man the sketch is right on perfect. Steve[cl

Hey Girl.

Welcome aboard! Chk out wat were doin to my 54 IH in the below RRR link. Cant wait to see it in progress. Post pics in the build site. RR:D

That truck is awesome. I wanted to let you know there is a fellow Wisconsin native (New Auburn) who writes and he writes rather well...well one of his books has to do with love and an International truck that looks a lot like yours. Here is the link to it

http://sneezingcow.com/2009/02/26/truck-a-love-story-paperback/

Same International truck red too. you might wanna keep it all stock and drive it as is....
Thats just my 2 cents thats all..
MikeC

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I plan to start tearing the truck apart this weekend and I will start a build thread.

2" or 3" I haven't really decided yet.

Stick around here long and you'll be thinkin' 3" or 4". Ask Bonehead and he'll tell ya 6". :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back