New guy from Casper, Wy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let's Boogie

I have been collecting parts for my project for about 4 months now. This is a rundown fo what i have been doing.
I bought a 20 something Dodge Bros Tub from a local car show for $40 and said this was a start. So i ran with it. A few weeks later a friend tells me of a 71' Caddy for sale. I went and looked at it and bought it. It didnot hurt that it had the 500 CI motor in it and bought it for $50. I was thinking I am on a roll now whoo-hoo. I then bought the 2x3 tubing so i can build the frame for it. Then a guy across from where i worked had a 48 IH truck in the back with no cab so i went and inquired about it. Ended up getting it for free. He was tired of looking at it and needed it gone. So i am using the grill, front axle & Hyd shocks from it. Progress has been slow going since i have been collecting the parts and whatnot and it seems like i will be moving again. But as I make progress i will post it up.

Here are some pics so far.

This is the day i bought the tub.
1926Ratrodproject1-1.jpg

Got the grill off and checking to see how things looked
IMG-20111016-00073.jpg

Started to build the rear of the frame
Rearframesection.jpg

another view of the rear of the frame under the ride.
Rearsection.jpg

Front View with the front axle kinda where i want it. Also sitting at ride height or close to it. 5 1/2" in Back & 3 1/2" in front.
Frontaxlekindainplace.jpg

Side View of the front.
Sideviewwithfrontaxleinplace.jpg

Welcome !!!
You've scarfed some good parts worth the money
I love the old Binder grilles
Now get your build thread goin I'll be watchin

Jim

Great looking start to your build! Welcome to RRR from Denver - but don't hold that against me... My Dad's side of the family is from Casper and most of them are still in the area.

Welcome

Wyoming should have access to a bunch of great pieces to finish up a cool start . Keep us abreast of the build. This is the place for info and great car guys. Steve

Right now looking for a tranny to bolt up to that Caddy 500. I think i found one locally here. Then I will be looking to change out the front bolt pattern to a more common size.

Thanks and I will keep you guys up to speed.

Well it is offical. I am being transferred back to Youngsville, Louisiana. I packed up my shop and moved it back home last week. I will start up a build thread once i get back on the project.

Great start

Welcome to RRR. Hope the move is good to you and believe me we will bug you to finish your rod. Happy Holidays Steve

Latest posts

Back