New guy from Sask., Canada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restorex

Howz it going everyone?!? Like a lot of other people, I've been lurking for quite some time but finally got something to get working on so I guess it is time to start posting...
I've been bothering this guy with that had a '31 Chev 5 window for the last couple years. He finally gave in and called me to let me know that he is ready to let it go. I couldn't pass it up, so went out in the -42*C ( with windchill ) to bring it home. ***It was finally mine and I wasn't going to let it sit there any longer!!!***
This is what she looks like now. Just starting the steel structure, then move onto the frame...

Welcome to RRR. (You know me as cranks38 elsewhere. :D)

Please stick around and start a build thread as there's plenty of good people, knowledge and experience here... not to mention our fearless leader (Tripper) doesn't put up with flamers, negativity or personal attacks. (Those reasons drew me here. Thanks, Tripper!)

Make yourself at home, pull up a stump, buy a round and stay a while. :)

Hello and welcome.Thats some nice looking tin,but I wouldnt go out in -40c,if you gave it to me.ha-ha .Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Hi Restorex, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. You have proven that you are an old car fanatic [-42 ---whoa], but on the other hand you have made a lovely score. Yep, do the build thread thing and ----- did anyone mention pictures galore.:D
What grille is that hanging on the wall in the first picture? Dodge?
Keep on tinkering.

Welcome from sunny New Mexico.
nice starting point
With weather like that you shouldn't need any other excuse to
stay in and work on the ride.

Thanks for the welcomes guys!!

Dr. Crankenstein & EnglishBob - Good to see to see you here!!! I'll be here for a while!!

MercuryMac - Yep it is the grill surround from my '34 Dodge sedan.

Knight - I'm just planning on a SBC/ Auto for now until I can afford to rebuild one of the old Hemis I have, to stick in there. When I get a Hemi redone for this car, I'm planning on getting it done to factory specs, with all factory parts to make it look as it did out of the factory. I prefer that look over billet parts, aluminum intakes, and aftermarket rocker covers.

Everyone - My build is pretty slow right now as I am starting to gather parts and figuring out a venting system for my garage. I was welding for about an hour last weekend and had the garage smoked up pretty good. Anyway have a good one guys. and when I get things going, I'll start a build thread!!

welcome from Rhode Island. nice start, keep the pics coming.I sprotted the radiator shell as well are you going to use it.

Yes I'll be using it. My wife bought my '34 Dodge sedan for Valentine's day 6 years ago and I plan on building it down the road. I want to get a couple builds under my belt before I tackle that one. I want that one to be " Just right ".

Latest posts

Back