New guy from Seattle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, my name's Adriano and I'm Italian but have been living in Seattle for the past 10 years. I'm not exactly building a rat rod, more of a restomod (I have a 1965 Volvo Amazon), but I love rat rods and figured I would still learn some good stuff especially about the metalworking side of things over here. Not to mention look at some awesome builds. Anyway, hi, it's nice to be here.

This is a pic from the day I got it. I've done quite a bit of work on it but not much cosmetically so far. The plan is to keep it looking mostly stock, with a few mod cons on the inside and give the engine a few more horses (already upgraded the intake, new exhaust will come soon). Also, this is my daily driver so I can't really do anything crazy with it.

1471976_10152595301450469_1309402641519890691_n.jpg

Welcome from Tejas! Over here those were called 244's! My brother & I had a coupe in high school... loved it & drove the snot outta it! My brother took the SU's off & replaced them with Webbers, he still has it! Wish I could find a station wagon!

Keep us posted!

BoB

Welcome from mid-mo. Your search for fabricators and metal workers is a right choice, some of the BEST BUILDERS anywhere can be found on this site[cl

Welcome to RRR from Ky! We like all kinds of vehicles on this site so your Volvo will be a welcome addition.

thanks guys! I do agree the Volvo would look nice with a chopped top and slammed, but I don't have the skills, budget or workspace to do that - plus I do love the stock look, so at least for this one I'm keeping it like this. maybe if someday I end up having a garage and learn how to weld, I might do a Volvo rat rod.

Welcome from Southeast MI...

Nice to have you here.....
Went to school with a guy from Italy....Grazianno Buongiorno....I swear to God it's true....roughly translated it's Thank you Good morning I think... :D
Anyway....hope you pickup some good stuff on the RRR....

Latest posts

Back