New guy from South africa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Claw

So i have started a 37 chevy pick up prodject

Okay so some of you on the site have seen that i am only 27 and might think i think i know it all ... well that aint true ...

I am a newbie to this site and hope to get all or most of the stuff that i am looking for in getting my "old school " ride back on the road. First and formost this will not be a restoration to original as that would take way to long and i might be old and grey by that time.... no pun intended. So this would either be a " Rat Rod " or a street/hot rod , question is however would our lovely South Africa allow a rat rod on the road or would that be considerd as a non roadworthy car ?

Also i have seen on so many websites that a person could get replacement parts for Almost any car, question is are they any good and are they made of fiberglass or sheet metal ? as well seeing that i am looking to drop a small block 350 into it would i need to do any changes to the chassis seeing that it's such an old car ? Or would it be better to get a new chassis and if so where does a person get one and who is the best person to contact in that regards ?

In regards to the car itself ... it is in a so so half good half bad place in its life .... only has survis rust and in the corners of the doors and bed .... .... would have loved to share some pic's but the size is a mission on its own ..... so have to get that right before i can add them .....

So yeah ... such is I lookin forward hearing from you all and making some friends in the hotrod world ... seeing i have lost touch tX to my dad totaling his 84' camaro

Guys have started with pretty junky rides and made them turn out pretty cool. Just start reading through all these posts and you will find tons of good info. As far as your local laws, I don't have a clue. Someone will, or start researching before you invest a lot of time and money.
Welcome to the site.

Hey Claw, welcome.......:p

As far as the parts go, most of us get real tin for our rides, some of us, being atleast 70% of the population here would rather hammer out their required pieces over using glass. Nothing like the sound of real tin to a glass car on the tracks. You 37 truck will be a tough one to get doors and such. Some countries do require fenders, I am not sure what you section of the world requires. You should do a very in depth search before trying to rat out your truck. Nothing wrong with running fenders. If you need fenders for that truck, I have a set for a 37 Chevy truck. The shipping will be the biggest issue for you. I would think finding parts up in the northern part of your country would be less expensive then me shipping these too you, and then the possibility of them not arriving in the best of shape.:rolleyes::eek:

Any how, welcome, its a good forum with a great deal of information.

Maximo

Welcome!!!

Claw,
Welcome to the forum! WE always love to hear what's goin' on in other places & would love to see some pictures of stuff in u're area. Do they have many car shows there? Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!! ; - >

BoB

Latest posts

Back