New guy in eastern Oregon

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42chevy

Rustier Rat Rodder
Hey, guys very nice site! I have been into old cars since I was about 5 years old. I am a copier/printer repairman and am also an avid fisherman. I have several old cars , first a '57 Chevy I've had since I was 21 about 19 years. It has a 325 horse 327 with a 4 speed and is a 150 2 door post. The next one is a '42 Chevy aerosedan, it has an Olds 350/400 combo with a Nova front clip and rear end. I rewired it and it has power steering and power brakes. I also have a basket case one just like it for my 11 year old daughter. Then I also have a '53 Ford F-100 with a '79 Firebird front clip with a Chevy pickup rear end. It has a Chevy 305 and I rewired it and converted it to 12 volts. I am also working on my mom's '56 Buick Special 2 door hardtop as money allows. My first 2 projects are drivers and the Ford needs a little more to drive again, but it satarted completely torn apart. Thanks for the great website!

Welcome to RRR 42chevy. It sounds like you have some neat stuff. Good thing you hung on to that 57 Chevy. Prices on those have gone sky high.

Welcome to RRR, 42 chevy. Sounds like a nice collections of rides there. Now we need to see them. :D

thanks for the welcome

I have pics but can't figure how to upload them . The manage attachments seems to work and just when you think it's done, I get an error message. Maybe my pics are too big? How do I shrink them?

That is probably the problem. Open a Photobucket.com account... it is free. The you will just click on the "img" to copy, then paste it in the post. Works best for me when I have RRR open in one window and photobucket in another to just jump back and forth to copy/paste. Hope that helps.

pictures

not the best photos but here goes.

Attachments

• DSC00023.jpg
    DSC00023.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC00027.jpg
    DSC00027.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 4