New Guy Virginia

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronetRTguy

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of new to the scene of hot rod and rate rods, but I have been a gear head all my life. I guess you could say I was born into it with my dad being a body man and always having cars around (new then) to fix.

My dad and I used to restore muscle cars and I'm kind of tired of the show car scene. I want to break out and do my own thing and see where it takes me.

I'm very creative with whatever I do from writing, drawing to thinking about what car to build.

I'm in the process of maybe doing a T bucket project and I would like to do it as a throw back to the 50s and 60s era. I have also been looking at a 42 Ford truck cab that is screaming take me home and make me into a cool rod but on the down side it has no title and vin tag is so rusted you can't read it...so not really sure how to get a title.

I look forward to reading, talking and learning from everyone.

Thanks everyone and when I get a project going I will post up some pics. I'm really thinking its going to be a T buckets.

I'm kind of thinking of going and having a body made that I design. I'm thinking a roadster of some kind. I want to hand form my own window post and have it have a swept back look.

Yeah the guy with the cab said you take a doner truck or car with the frame and make it a new one but in VA I have to watch what I do.

I'm going to be checking into getting a title. I know if I build any type of hand fab car I will have to get a title.

Thank you and I need to cruise around the site and see where to start asking questions.

I think I will see what I can find in frames. I want to learn more about Z'd frames.

I'm thinking if I build a T maybe having a Z'd front frame and not channeling the body of the car. I just need to understand frames more.

Thanks everyone.

I just got a new price on the 42 Ford truck cab that I have been talking to the guy on. It has no title, vin rusted and bleeched out so I will have to figure out how to get a title for it.

Been looking on DMV and if I build or have a frame built and every thing inspected I can get a new title of he year I build the truck.

It is the one I want the most and I keep going back to and would make one nice ride.

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I have a '47 PU to do and have always liked their cab style. I have not given any thought to getting its title and licence, although i had it legal in 1966. Keep on tinkering.

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. I have a '47 PU to do and have always liked their cab style. I have not given any thought to getting its title and licence, although i had it legal in 1966. Keep on tinkering.

Thanks and I agree I also love the cab style it lends itself to making a great ride and rod. There is so many ways to go that just looks good with it.

The guy called off the deal because I had some parts to trade and he didnt want them and got kind of mad that I offered. The parts are some high dollar Mopar parts that people look for. I have a set of side marker lights that is sold pending funds and the cab has sat for about a year.

Latest posts

Back