New here from Mid Tn.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drewski

Thought I'd introduce myself. Been playing with cars and motorcycles a long time. I've got a bad habit of cutting them up and changing them once I get them. I don't know that what I'm building is what you would call a rat rod, but it certainly is not what the purist like to see either. I enjoy building with what I have or can scrounge up. I'll buy new only when I can't fabricate it or availability dictates it.

Present build is a 55 F100 Ford. I've owned it for quite a while, but other projects have always kept this one on the back burner.

Photo as I got it originally.

F1001_002.jpg

Most recent photo.

IMG_0900.jpg

Hope we have some F100 builders on this site.

Drewski

Hope we have some F100 builders on this site.
Only a couple ,[hundred]:D
I like that chop, need more pictures....OH..welcome to the site[cl

Welcome to RRR!

Well, mine's a 63, but it's a F100. How'd you deal with the windshield on that chop?

I don't have the windshield cut yet, but the angles on the "A" posts have not been altered. I quartered the roof to line everything back up. There won't be much windshield left after the part I don't need is removed. I'm going to take a shot at cutting the windshield myself. After I break 2 I'll turn it over to a pro.

Thanks for the welcome
Drewski

Drewski,
Really sharp truck. Got any build pictures? Welcome to the triple R.

Beercan

Thanks to all for the welcome....

And yes I do have build pictures, but unfortunately some of the custom work was done bdc (before digital cameras) and I don't think I did a lot of 35mm shots of my build. I did film the top chop on vhs tape, but we're still looking for it. I try to keep a camera in the garage now and document anything new that I do. Build pictures will be forthcoming once I figure out the proper place to put them.

Drewski

welcome to the RRR! nice looking old ford ya got there! i own a few f-100's myself....and a f-1 and a ford truck before f-series (46)....:D

well anyway good to have ya here

Latest posts

Back