New man on the block

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donsgr841

This is my first visit. I am retired civil engineerr with interest in street rods. Currently finishing up 1941 Plymouth pickup. Minor customization. Very rare truck.

I havn't yet figured out how to post pictures. Whoops, I think I found it. I don't know. I hit the paperclip but it didn't seem to work.
Anyway some history. I found a 41 plymouth truck on e-bay, had never seen one before and I thought it looked greateven though it was a pile of rust. I bought it, paid too much, drove from Louisville to Fort Myers FL to pick it up with my son. Rented a u-haul and drove back approximately 1000 miles at no more than 40 mph. Anything faster and the whole set-up tried to do Chubby Checker's twist. Took three whole days. Bought a 82 S-10 for chassis. Sat both of them under a shade tree in the yard while I collected parts.
Found another 41 Plymouth in Newark OH that was mechanically complete. Bought it and sold the first one for 1/4 what I paid for it. Pictures are the one I now have. As bought and after modifications and paint.
4.jpg

DSCN2223.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

DSCN2459.jpg

Nice looking truck..I think I'm going to try an S10 chassis under one of my IH trucks..sure seems like the way to go..

If he sees this, Bob W. will probably have to paint his Plymmy:D

Nice! Nice!

Great truck welcome to a superb site for us gearheads. Now you are one! It will get into your blood. Be careful. Congratulations on a fine vehicle. Steve

Latest posts

Back