New member from PNW

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtfdoc

Well my name is Patrick, and I live in WA state. I am a thoroughbred... mom is a motor head and dad was one before he passed. Hell... we lived in a junk yard in Lake Chelan WA when we were dirt poor... I will see if mom can loan me a few of those pics to scan.

I have spent most of my time with imports but have had my share of domestics. After some years with imports I kind had enough of the scene and most of the people that come along with it. Don't get me wrong..11s are not hard to do in a little Civic... but at the end of the day... it is still a Civic. So I sold it all off and decided to go shopping... he is a few pics of my last toy
fast_020-1.jpg

f2un153.jpg

So I actually really went after building a rat rod once before... but bailed out at the last second. A good choice at the time....

So this is me.....
f2un084.jpg

This is my roommate Crishna... she loves cars and getting dirty.. so expect to see alot of her
f2un11677.jpg

And this is Jessica.."Jessica Rabbit"...aka "The 6 footer".. she is usually out for the fun stuff... like show pics lol
f2un11703.jpg

SO i am looking into a few things I have around and am kinda deciding on what I want and what I want to pay my fabricator... I do not know how to weld... but want to learn... that is why I got into this. But I respect what some of these guys do and will leave the important thing to the professionals. I know FI inside and out... but put a carb in front of me, and I will soon be scratching my head. But again... that is something I have always wanted to learn

I tried to join another rat rod directed forum once before, but found that the ones running the site... would never help me find out why my account was not active. But that was some time ago and I have picked up my toys to play with someone else... so here I am lol

Look forward to sharing what info I can and am hoping go gain some knowledge as well. Thanks for the space

Welcome to RRR. I had one of those cars too! It was a ton of fun but I too got tired of the Import guys and their garbage. Good luck on the purchase of your new rod and your build.

Welcome to RRR! Yep, no needless BS thrown around here.

Sounds like you have a good grip on what your capable of. So what kinda 'things' do ya have 'around' for a project base?

I just started into bodywork and welding myself - lovin 'it - wish I'd had time for this stuff before. In the same boat though, won't trust the serious frame welding to myself yet.

welcome to the best rod site around! no "bashing" allowed 'round here, and that's what make's it so good...if it's on wheels we'll look at it!!:D
find a ride and get started -just like those model kits from our youth, the fun part is the puttin' it together

welcome to the RRR check out some of the guys build threads if ya want some cool ideas! post some pics when you decide what your attacking.. dp1

Wow thanks for the great welcome everyone. I have a few things I think I wanna do... I have spent a few days looking around here before deciding to join... I think this forum was a good move.

Well as for things lying around... I have been brokering a few things and decided what I want to keep.......sending out a 46 ford... and a 43 Chev cab... so here is what I went with.

It is a 29 Chevy... everything including the little road side lanterns are still on it. I needed something real basic... and as far as lines... it does not get anymore straight this. It drove on the property 30 some years ago.... til I got it. Body is the worst of it... the fenders are strong enough I can still stand on them.
Super huge thanks to Josh and Mark for helping me move this thing.
f2un003.jpg

f2un006.jpg

f2un017.jpg

f2un028.jpg

f2un030.jpg

I have also located a 84 Caprice....has bad starter and a broken flex plate...should be a perfect running gear donor. So as of now I am putting the truck in storage to double check some things... and plus i need to get rid of 2 of my CRXs. lol I will always have one.... mpg is just too good.

So for now I am getting ideas and thinking of where I want to go with it... and what to do with all the part I am not using

....Oh and that 4x4 Power Wagon in the pic...actually runs are drives. Guy uses it for his property plow rig. Very Nice

Welcome to the site! The old Chevy truck is cool! Looks to be in really good shape overall. Be sure to strengthen up the cab during your build. Lots of old wood in Chevy's of that age. The Powerwagon is cool too! I'm a big fan of powerwagons!

Thunder1

Welcome to RRR, 'doc. Nice lookin' 29. Keep us posted as you progress. No drama here. Worst you'll get from this group is constant naggin' for pics.:D Enjoy you time here.

Well... I was able to locate the car number on the truck. I am using Broadway Title to help me get the paperwork. Once that is done I will start takin it apart and getting to work. In the mean time I am picking up a running Caprice... I will use it for the running gear. So hopefully soon I can start a build thread. Thanks for the views. Will be cool to have it titled as a 29

Latest posts

Back