Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pontiac_r@

in a small gold seekers town in Australia
hi to all, my name is Rob i am 26 and as the title says i'm new here and to hot rodding/ rat rodding.
i do know a little about cars in general and from trial and error, but is
now time to do something with my life and this is what i chose, to build a car and to be proud of giving it a go. in march 2007 i bought (some rusty bits of steel as my wife says) a 28 pontiac cowl that came with some tub sections and an anglia chassis from what i have been told for $50.oo AU. so off i went in a world of my own and imagened what i could make of all these bits and peices......... "thats it i'll try a pickup" i said and since then it has been a big part of my life doing something i thought i'd never be able to do.
slowly the jigsaw is coming together but what i need is a little help from experianced rodders on what to and what not to do, so i dont wreck this peice of history.
cheers Rob
p.s. if any one's interested in my project feel free to ask any q's

Welcome!!!

Pontiac,
Welome to the forum & I guess that's sorta what we're all doin' here... workin' on a big jigsaw puzzle! Let us see some fotos & make u're self @ home!!! We've also heard they have some pretty strick rules down under... is that a problem with u're build?

BoB

hi Bob and thanks, with photos i'm not to sre how to shrink them but will get around to it soon. any way my pickup is still in the will i or will i not do this or that but i'm sure there is some people out there willing to help out some one that want to keep the rodding way of life going?
yes the rules are a bit out of hand but hey if they wern't there may be more deaths on the roads.
but there is the option of joining a club and getting one of the inspectors to check it over and if it passes you get some rights to some public roads if non related to club events and full pass for club meetings.....and boy i cant wait till the day i take a deep breath sucking up my aggots and taking my baby for a good ol' sunday drive.MMMmm
any way i wont blaber on to much once again thanks
cheers Rob

Hi Rob, welcome. Yep, we love jigsaw puzzles.:D You are starting off on the right foot, joining forums and having the willingness to ask questions and learn. You will make a few mistakes and redo things, that is something we all do. But it is only steel and can be bent and shaped any way you want.

Get those pictures shrunk, we love to see pictures, even if it is only a pile of parts. :):)

Don

hi again, now these fotos.... sum are from when i had no i deer where to start and sum are as recent as last week if you see something wrong please let me know or if you think of some ideas please as i said i need all the help i can get.
cheers Rob

Attachments

• marApr07 147small.JPG
    marApr07 147small.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
  • marApr07 114small.JPG
    marApr07 114small.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 9
  • june pickup pics 040small.JPG
    june pickup pics 040small.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 8
  • BecsWedding 120small.JPG