New Northern Rust

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExpenseSpared

Hello to all. I am not new to working with my hand and vehicles, however I am new to building pre 1960. I am always looking for new ideas and ask alot of questions to gain my knowledge. I have a 51' chevy 3600 I picked up for a song and It is all there with the exception of a misfortunate excavator accident with the bed. Solid frame, new king pins, new brake lines and shoes, steering is tight and suspension if very tight and solid. Need to know how to drop the front and retain original gear like the drum brakes. I am building on the VERY cheap here (if someone doesnt buy it first). If it goes I will get another. Let me know what your opinions and suggestions are. Thanx.

OH! I forgot to mention its the 216 Straight six mated to a 3spd on the floor with a new clutch 12 years ago. AND they have less than 20K with a fresh rebuild in the late 70's to run unleaded gas, which makes the engine almost new.

Attachments

• 0610001759.jpg
    0610001759.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 35
The crushed bed actually made the stance of the truck a bit lower. All removed now. Just drove from Killeen, Texas to Maine in 40Hrs.....Non stop baby....... But I wanted to mention how lucky ya'll from the south really are. Oldies all over the place with minimal if any real rust issues. Wish I didnt have to go tresspassing and talk to a million complete strangers just to find a project that most would laugh at.

Latest posts

Back