New Old 66 F100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubbytomdaman

Just rescued a 1966 F100 Long Bed with a 352 two barrel. I seen on another site where a guy had a ideal to chop the top and low ride it, was thinking it sounded really cool,so some how it lead me to this site and I thought I could get some sound advice from someone that has knowledge in such things? Any thoughts out there?

Welcome to RRR! I love the look of a slammed long bed F100, but I'd stay away from the chop - a ton of headaches and just not that much improvement even if you did pull it off.

There are several clip swaps guys do on those. MII kits for them too. You can't really work with the front suspension you have - they don't lower well.

....and how about some pics?

Come on Sam, wheres you sprit of adventure [S, see attached [P

Heres my 69 with a volare frontend, their a bolt in and a flip on the rear with a C-cut.

Attachments

• PU 005.JPG
    PU 005.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
  • spr 0060.jpg
    spr 0060.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 20
Welcome, my buddy and I built a 66 last year. He used DJM dream beams and cut a coil. After that we saw some info on the Crown Vic front ends, they're almost a bolt in swap.

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta. Drivewaycustoms, I thought about getting some Dream beams for my Ranger front end, but in the end I just cut 1 1/2 coils off the springs. It sure changes your camber, though.
Keep on tinkering.

Welcome fellow Illinoisian. Gotta love the old Fords. Doesnt matter what you do, just have a good time doin it![cl

Thanks to all

Thanks to all for you incouraging words of wisdom,I still really like the idea of chopping the the top,but probally will leave it all O.G.
First up is getting her road worthy,she was abandoned for about 15 years,so alot of TLC is a must.

welcome to the site from a long time 66 f100 owner (my first truck I bought in 87 was a 66 f100, & I have had my 2nd 66 since 91)

I would personally spend my time cutting out the length rather than the height--proportions are gonna be terrible on a chopped top long bed,
but imo a chopped top on a 66 is not gonna help aesthetics any

but you know what people say about opinions... they're like armpits-everyone has them!:eek:;):D

we would like to see some pics of it tho[P

if its not any trouble i would love to see some pics of your 66,might make me go in another direction,I cant post any pics until I have a been a member for 10 days with what 20 posts?

Last edited:
hello hubbytomdaman, A few of the guys on RRR take a pic of their dream car and photoshop it. Chop its picture and see if you like it. It takes longer than you think to photo shop chop, but it's faster and cheaper than real life. Here's a sample of mine. [47 Merc][P
Keep on tinkering.

Attachments

• 47 Merc.jpg
    47 Merc.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    47 Merc coupe chopped.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back