New-old Guy from Arkansas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

Hullo-RRR! Looks like you guys are building a nice comunity. I'm a fat old greay haired Grandpaw--loved cars of all sorts and shapes all my life. Own 5-6 'hobby' cars now, a 26 Tin rat and a 26 Glass roadster, a 48 Pontiac with a blown BBC, a 29 Glass A coupe -tre fiddy- tre fiddy, a never ending Cobra project :confused:, and am chopping 3" out of a real rusty 33 Dodge PU cab today.

Have lost count of the cars I've owned over the last 40 something years--started when I was 14 with a 55 Ford Sunliner with a boared out 59 312 Intercepter (love those old motor names:p). Street raced a 59 Vette in the late 60s in St Louis Burbs. Dirt tracked in back country Arkansas for ever.

Car stuff is about the healthiest thing I can think of doing--keeps me sane--(kinda).

PA41

'bout time you came over here!! hope you enjoy it on RRR as much as i do!
and i think you should introduce them to "Rusty" i think they'll love it:D:cool:

Thanks for the welcome-- I was wondering where everyone went!!!:p I see lotsa familiar names...

Heres a 'glamor' shot of 'Rusty'. A 26 T sedan that I was going to trash, but decided to rat out. No doors- lotsa cancer-a big hole cut in the driver side below the rear window. 5.0 Ford, Megasquirt EFI, Econoline front axle, Toyota Supra independent rear, Ford stationwagon roof.

The wife doesn't like it much, and named it Rusty for me. She warmed up to it at a little show in N Arkansas where we ran into Preacher (Hey Preacher). The rusty cars get lots of attention- more than any I've built, and she was getting offers to buy it from the lookers.!:eek: Two things she likes--attention and money!

I won't let her drive it alone--it wouldn't make it back home:D.

PA41

Attachments

• nonturboT 013.jpg
    nonturboT 013.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 20
  • nonturboT 023.jpg
    nonturboT 023.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 22
  • nonturboT 010.jpg
    nonturboT 010.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 17
Hey PA, welcome to the site. Like preacher said, its about time you made it over here.

And yall wouldnt believe this, but that car is quiet. Didnt even hear him start it up at the car show up here. I thought i was going deaf and just couldnt hear the cars anymore, lol. :D

Ahh another arkie:D!!

I wondered where you disappeared to.. I still owe you that ride.. You sell the Plymouth?

I been trying to pass that POS T off as a 'Stealth Rat' :p. Welded in 3"x12" mufflers to the header collectors.. Yeah I'm a sissy--I had all the exhaust fumes an open pipes I can take.

(Now for AC) :D

PA41

Last edited:
Yup sold the plymouth, now just waiting on you to sell me that car :D lol.

Looking for better older things now, plymouth was to new. Found a 1930 Tudor, everything is there except for the wood. 1500 takes it home. Just gotta get the 1500 now.

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, nice looking T you have there. :cool:
Thanks for the photos, enjoy your time here.. '22

Car stuff is about the healthiest thing I can think of doing--keeps me sane--(kinda).<<<<<< agreed ,, WELCOME

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back