New 'old' guy in Colorado

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckp

Hello,from the frozen northern end of Colorado!
been looking at some of the build here & like what i see [dr when i could see un-blocked photos.
I see that more than a few guys/gals here have the same thoughts on Ratrods,build em,make em safe & drive the snot out em! Well I'm building a 1953 F100. it will be a low budget build with fenders! I know some wanna run fenderless~but not me. I will start a build thread as soon as i get engine & tranny,hopefully this week end,:rolleyes: but it's suposed to snow again!:mad:
some back ground info. we been building 'rat rods' for over 35yrs well before it had a name.just taking junk & building a car/truck with what we had laying around,raising 3 kids working way to much-for little $$ & living the the American dream!
Looking forward to hear from folks who have built f100's & see their builds!

About an hour after my first post, my friend who's a scrapper called to tell me he got me an 305 Chevy engine & tranny [cl
He bought a wrecked 1989 Chevy suburban from a school auction (a district just south of me)so i know it been maintained & it's a one owner (66,780.4 miles)our fleet mechanic knows their fleet mechanic & it going to try to get me copy of all the work orders :D
I'm a picture person so i'll try to post some??
some may recognise from another site from when i traded for it?

Attachments

• 53ford.jpg
    53ford.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 53ford%20001.jpg
    53ford%20001.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 53ford%20002.jpg
    53ford%20002.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 12
  • 53ford%20003.jpg
    53ford%20003.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 53ford%20004.jpg
    53ford%20004.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 53ford%20005.jpg
    53ford%20005.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 7
  • 53ford%20007.jpg
    53ford%20007.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 53ford%20006.jpg
    53ford%20006.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 4
Welcome from down south of you a bit!
You say "we been building 'rat rods' for over 35yrs well before it had a name"......the you say "I'm a picture person"...... so SURLEY you have some pictures of the other creations you, or you guys have created!
Im not building an F100, but a 1/2 fendered International pickup of the same era.
Looking forward to a build thread!

Welcome from down south of you a bit!
You say "we been building 'rat rods' for over 35yrs well before it had a name"......the you say "I'm a picture person"...... so SURLEY you have some pictures of the other creations you, or you guys have created!
Im not building an F100, but a 1/2 fendered International pickup of the same era.
Looking forward to a build thread!

No pictures,We lost all most everything in a fire about 19yrs ago,I really haven't touched a car in 15yrs (lost all love for cars for awhile)
the only picture i can find right now {at work} is of a Buick that we/my dad & family/ built wayyyy back (1970-72?) (sold to a friend Carl T)who still owns it & drives the snot out of it

Attachments

• Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
No pictures,We lost all most everything in a fire about 19yrs ago,I really haven't touched a car in 15yrs (lost all love for cars for awhile)
the only picture i can find right now {at work} is of a Buick that we/my dad & family/ built wayyyy back (1970-72?) (sold to a friend Carl T)who still owns it & drives the snot out of it

Bummer! Sorry to hear about that :/
What part if northern Colorado are you in?

Latest posts

Back