New, old guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agdeuce

Well I was poking around the net yesterday and WOW! This site is my style and I am glad to be able to glean new ideas (as I did yesterday) and may be able to help out. I had a shop for a few years where we repaired and modified rods and customs. I personally have not had a rod since I was a 19 year old kid. I started 51' Merc in 1990. It never got finished and was sold 2 years ago. After the shop and all I was tired of cars and was glad to see the Merc go. Enter, my good friend who decided I needed a project. He gave me a 36' Ford truck cab and "away we go". It has actually been fun. I am retired so being able to put together a rod using minimum money without all the "pretty" stuff is a pleasure. Reminds me of the old days. Happy to be a part of your community.

Well I was poking around the net yesterday and WOW! This site is my style and I am glad to be able to glean new ideas (as I did yesterday) and may be able to help out. I had a shop for a few years where we repaired and modified rods and customs. I personally have not had a rod since I was a 19 year old kid. I started 51' Merc in 1990. It never got finished and was sold 2 years ago. After the shop and all I was tired of cars and was glad to see the Merc go. Enter, my good friend who decided I needed a project. He gave me a 36' Ford truck cab and "away we go". It has actually been fun. I am retired so being able to put together a rod using minimum money without all the "pretty" stuff is a pleasure. Reminds me of the old days. Happy to be a part of your community.
Welcome we would love to see pics [P [P [P

Jim

Nice welcome

Thanks Guys. I will post some of the work in progress pics I have when I figure out how. I hope to have the truck "done" (Are they ever really done?) by July 4th 2012. Money is the the holdup. I can't take from the household budget. I do some carb stuff etc. for others and to make a couple of bucks to buy all the required new stuff i.e. bearings, shoes, cylinders etc. It is a slow but rewarding process. Sometimes it is hard to stay motivated. The July date is my motivation now. Later

Back