New project for us.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltbreaker

I picked up a new project yesterday. I found a 33/34 Ford cab in Detroit Michigan. Made the 13 hour round trip yesterday. It is very clean for a find around here. It's dented up but no rot.
I picked up a 34 bed that was owned by a friend of mine locally. The bed is in real good shape. I still need a tailgate though.
Plans are a traditional rod this time. Not too low but a lot of go. I have a line on a 390 interceptor motor that I was thinking about building a 406 tri-power out of. Not sure because I still have the 351 motor and trans that would be a cheap builder.
I plan a 4inch chop, small channel just to get over the rails, and take about 2 ft out of the bed.
It will be a father and son project. My son was running out of the house before I could park the trailer yesterday. He was yelling...."is my cab in there?"
Pretty cool:cool:.
I always wanted a 1932-34 Ford truck so I am way pumped to build this.
leakdustys34cabbed013.jpg

leakdustys34cabbed011.jpg

leakdustys34cabbed010.jpg

Last edited:
I plan on doing the grunt work on the frame myself. I will design, cut, and tack it up. It will be finish welded by a shop. I am not certified and if I am going to throw 400hp at it, and drive my family in it, I want a pro to do the chassis welds.
I am going to do the chop and bed mods myself. First one for me but I figure it's time to take the leap.
BB

Wow, very nice and great score!
I was scepticle when the guy said there was no rust rot and it was one of the cleanest ones he had seen. It's one guys word and some blurry pictures to make a 12 hour round trip on. He was accurate though. I was supprised how clean the cab is. The bed I had seen about 6 months ago.

Ya that is pretty close to me. There are only a few sitting around in that good of shape. I know a guy who has one sitting in a barn still with the original paint, I keep asking when he is going to let it go. I dont think he ever will. But then he has a ton of old cars sitting in the woods as well.

that sure is a good cab to start with-but if you change your mind you wouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it around all us buzzards!!
seriously though, a good build is one that excites the young-uns

and i have loved those truck for a long time (i especially like the 1st rendition of jimmy shines "bare nekid" truck)

remember the Rat Rodders 1st motto..."anyone can restore one-it takes a real man to cut one up!" hope to see some pics of your slicin' -n- dicin on that cab!:D:cool:

Finally got to pick up the new (old) motor.
As planned it will take the direction of a 406 in 390 FE cloths:D It's out of a 61 Bird. She needs some freshening up for sure.
I about dropped one of the boys loading it into the trailer by myself.
Getting closer to mock up. yahooooo.
390BigBlock002.jpg

390BigBlock001.jpg

Latest posts

Back