New project...going 70's style with heavy flake!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVRIDER

Picked this up a couple weeks ago and started taring it down. I am gonna do it up for the wife with a springer front end and some heavy flake....I'm thinking rap the exhaust with some black wrap..What you guys think???

Attachments

• xs650project.jpg
    xs650project.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 80
  • xspic2.jpg
    xspic2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 59
Whack off the pipes, and the sissy bar, dull down some of the red. and run it. It is a good looking bike, and my favorite colors together are black and red, but its just a bit too much red.....

Picked this up a couple weeks ago and started taring it down. I am gonna do it up for the wife with a springer front end and some heavy flake....I'm thinking rap the exhaust with some black wrap..What you guys think???
I wanna meet your wife!! Just kidding, Sam's right about the red. If all the black was army green it'd look like an olive. But like Sam said, it is a cool bike.

way to much red...your right!!

LOL...yeah guys I agree, way to much red, she wants to go with pink wheels and then I'm probably gonna rust everything else with some old school pinstriping and I'm gonna brush farm use on the tank in white...I always come up with crazy names for each one off build we do at the shop...this one I will call "The Farmers Daughter" cuz of the pink wheels of course...Cant argue with her at least she wants to ride and she loves Rat's...lol

LOL...yeah guys I agree, way to much red, she wants to go with pink wheels and then I'm probably gonna rust everything else with some old school pinstriping and I'm gonna brush farm use on the tank in white...I always come up with crazy names for each one off build we do at the shop...this one I will call "The Farmers Daughter" cuz of the pink wheels of course...Cant argue with her at least she wants to ride and she loves Rat's...lol

Your wife is way too cool-wants to ride and loves rats!!!! My woman can't stand my rat bikes. Your build idea sounds very cool!

It's a great platform to start with.

In my opinion, the gas tank looks disproportionate to the rest of the bike. Looks like its a King sporty tank...?

I would, and this is just me...but I'd narrow that tank considerably. Maybe even a center rib on the tank.

Then, I'd give my pal Front Street Cycle a dingle and see what he's charging for narrow rear fenders.

http://frontstcycle.blogspot.ca/

Maybe a set of High/Low aka over/under shotgun pipes would look nice too.

And if you're lucky, maybe you'll find a set of invader wheels to throw on.

But all in all, great start for something rad.

Latest posts

Back