new rat from granger texas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter1111

Hello, a friend turned me on to this site and im glad he did. I havent got a chance to look around so im curious to what i will find here. I found out that the HAMB doesnt think to fondly of ratrodders so i decided i would rather not associate myself with them.
I have a 34 ford pickup as my project, its my first ratrod (or hotrod) so i have a bunch of questions and hope you guys will help me out as i will try to do the same when and where i can. Im from texas and looking for parts so if you have or know the whereabouts of anything for a 32-34 ford pickup let me know.

Thanks, Hunter
[email protected]

Welcome to RRR!

Hunter,
Welcome to the triple R, glad you found us. This is a great place to hang out without the HAMB attitude, think you'll like it here. Please post some pictures of your car when you get a chance.

ISore

Welcome to the site. I spend a little time on a couple of other forums, but this one is my favorite for sure. Ask away on questions, and post up pictures of what you are working on.

Welcome to RRR Hunter. Good luck with the project and feel free to ask any questions you wish. You'll get straight answers without any ridicule. Same goes for offering advice. If you have doors for your truck, you are ahead of the game already.

heres some pics

Well heres what i got. I have alot of plans for it including different drivetrain, chop, shorten bed, different suspension.....basically change the entire truck one thing at a time while keeping it on the road as much as possible thru the process. I am looking for anything and everything for this truck so if you have something you think i need or may be interested in, dont hesitate to send me a pm or email.

Thanks, hunter
[email protected]

Attachments

• DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00024.jpg
    DSC00024.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 39
It is a great start. Or finish, there are alot of guys who would just drive it. But I agree, a short box, and chop would be great. Make sure you can still fit inside after it is chopped. Those cabs get pretty tight.

Hey that truck looks pretty nice like it is hunter. I agree too that a chop and slightly shorter bed wouldn't hurt. Are you going to move the rearend forward when you shorten the bed? The inline looks cool imo. I try do do my coupe like you plan to do. Change things one at a time so it's not really down for very long although I seem to be dragging my feet on the rear end swap that I started a while back.

Hey welcome to the site-like the others have said, this is a great site w/great people and lots of cool cars/trucks
the 34 looks like a great project, but if you get tired of it just give me a call!!;) I love those old ford trucks!!!!!:cool:

Thanks for the comments guys. i think im going to like it here..... anyone have anything for sale for my truck? Im also looking for a good flathead or nailhead block. I bought a 364 nailhead and a 59a flathead and both blocks were cracked. bad luck i guess. Also a t5 and a ford rearend.

That was my buddys truck.it is a nice ride,just not much leg room for a 6'1 guy,it was tight.welcome

Hey bryan are you talking bout franz? He has so many connections im jealous....he always has a badass project going on. Hes currently building another 34 ford that im dying to see.

yeah,i work with him on all his projects at his house,mine was there but i brought it home to sit.the new one he got is very nice.

Latest posts

Back