New tires need rims

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

Went to a garage sale today and bought these 4 NOS tires for my 47 Ford bobber project 6.00/6.50/19 Dunlops 3 were Dunlop 1 was Blue Peter but all new and the same size. Now I need to find Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Rat Rod Tires (1).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (1).JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Rat Rod Tires (2).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (2).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Rat Rod Tires (3).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (3).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Rat Rod Tires (4).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (4).JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Rat Rod Tires (5).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (5).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Rat Rod Tires (6).JPG
    Rat Rod Tires (6).JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 12
Need to find rims for these, after using google it looks like Ford 8N tractor front rims are gonna be my best option. I believe these tires are mostly used on old Rolls Royce & retail around $350 and up each. I paid $60 for 4 of them and really want to use them. I think the one that is a "Blue Peter" may be a recap

Ya gotta really really check those tires,If they haven't been stored in a cool dry place you could have a bad mishap (old tires don't age well),& they have new drugs to help with the Blue Peter :eek:
what bolt pattern do ya need?{5 x 5-1/2?} there a few companies that sell hoops,tell us more about what your wanting to do.[S

I've seen a couple other artical about making rims,some of them get kinda scary :eek: have you looked into after market steel rims?maybe you could trim down the flat spots before the lip/bead? [;)

Latest posts

Back