New To Rat Rods Rule

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningiron

Hi, I found this site while looking into building a rat rod/ highboy type hot rod. I've been interested in hotrods since I was a kid. I think it all started with the flannel car pj's my mom bught me when I was about 4 or 5. I've owned all kinds of muscle cars but never owned any old iron (30's-40's). A couple of years ago I bought a 1946 Chevy 1 1/2 ton truck and was going to try and build a hot rod and got discouraged. I gave it to my brother-in-law and regretted it ever since. I'm on the qwest again for a 1941-1946 Chevy fenderless pickup with a dry lakes type theme. I live in Arizona City, Az which is just off the I-10 Interstate between Phoenix and Tucson, Az.

Attachments

• 46chevy_PU.jpg
    46chevy_PU.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 44
Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, that is a very cool drawing.. :cool:
Good luck in your search and let us know when you find that project. '22

Welcome to RRR, Runningiron. Good luck with finding that truck. Keep us posted on your build when you do.

welcome to the site! we had a hotrod car comforter set & curtains, but no p.j.'s :D (wish i still had them!:rolleyes:) looking forward to a "find" on a project, and i guess i'm only one who has to know/doesn't already know - did you do the artwork? way cool!!!:cool:

Thanks to everybody for your welcome. To Hotrod Preacher, no I didn't create that drawing. I only wish the Good Lord would have blessed me with such talent. I found it somewhere and I saved it as an inspiration to build a hot rod truck. That concept drawing will be put on hold for now, as I found a 1940 Chevy 3/4 ton truck that will be my new shop truck project. It came from Twenty-nine Palms, California, is pretty much rust free and is complete less engine and trans. I plan on keeping the fenders and running boards, lower it just a tad, hang a Camaro rearend for driveability. I'm doing a poorboy build right now, so I'll keep the straight axle, and install the only engine I've got on hand which is a sbc and 350 trans. This will be temporary so I can drive it, until I find a warmed over inline six and a 4 or 5 speed manual trans. I'll clean up and detail the interior and leave the exterior like it is until I finish making it safe mechanically. The paint job probably 50-60 years old is like the old US Border Patrol pale green. How ironic, I'm a retired US Border Patrol Agent. Pale green, black suede, or heavily patina, I'm going to drive the heck out of it. Thanks Runningiron

Attachments

• 100_0914.jpg
    100_0914.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back