New to Ratology

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTOKID

Hi All - I'm a newbie, so be gentle. I just recently got into rat rods. I am a long time muscle car guy and am currently working on a 64 GTO. I was going to spend lots of time and money on a paint job. However, ratting it out would save me time and money. I do all the work on my cars. Would it be sacrilege to do this to a GTO? This car is far from original and I would like to get it on the street asap (its been apart for about 20 years). Any suggestions/ideas from you guys would be appreciated. THX

Hi All - I'm a newbie, so be gentle. I just recently got into rat rods. I am a long time muscle car guy and am currently working on a 64 GTO. I was going to spend lots of time and money on a paint job. However, ratting it out would save me time and money. I do all the work on my cars. Would it be sacrilege to do this to a GTO? This car is far from original and I would like to get it on the street asap (its been apart for about 20 years). Any suggestions/ideas from you guys would be appreciated. THX

Welcome to the site.
If the GTO is far from original like you said then I say do what you wish.

i agree with bonehead- get it going, and we mean safely, then drive it! if the paint is gone or multicolored then prime it up and drive it (when i was a kid ALL hotrods were primer grey or primer black or primer red-oxide maybe everybody was broke or somethin:rolleyes:) you can always repaint but if you get radical with the body mods you might later regret it

anyway that's my opinion and welcome to the site!

Welcome to RRR, GTOKID. I say, get it driveable, then do what you wish with paint. Just make sure it's safe. And while I think of it,,, pics of that GTO would be nice. We do like pics here.

GTO

Back in the day I drove all my cars in primer until I could save up for a pint job. Drive it in black primer and see what it feels like. The car and your senses will tell you what to do next.

ISore

Welcome goat kid......lol.......:p;)......its good to have you aboard.
GTO's are great rides to build. My wife keeps telling me she wants one too.
64, not to original....heck....RAT it out and do a custom on the ride.:D
It's your ride anyways, and the hunnertcarpileup is an all time great show now adayz. It has only been going on for a couple years and has grown into a real kult classic from the beginning. I live way out west on the dezert platue....too far for me to drive over to it......... have fun.
The poeple there are good to be with too.

Maximo

Latest posts

Back