new to RRR from So Cal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busteddrum

Just pulled the trigger on a '26 T Tudor and hope to do a low budget RR.
Have been looking around for a while and finally found it within a half mile from where I live. I'm thinking Buick straight 8/700r4, chop the roof to match the windshield frame. Should be fun. Will post some photos when I figure out how to do it. Great site you have here.

Hey I'm in Anaheim. I will have a lot of questions about frame building, suspension and steering. I have an old Chevy van that will be the donor for the trans, radiator, and rear end. Hot to do a severe roof chop. Just read that the straight 8 weighs 833lbs! Gonna need a bigger steering wheel.
Thanks.

Attachments

• my rat1.jpg
    my rat1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 10
  • my rat 2.jpg
    my rat 2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 10
  • buick%20straight%208%20overhead%20valve%20003.jpg
    buick%20straight%208%20overhead%20valve%20003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Welcome to RRR!

Do I see something interesting in the background of that 1st pic?

Those straight eights aren't light are they! I lifted the car around mine when I pulled it.

Good eye

Hey Sam that is a '51 ford pickup the belongs to the guy I bought the tudor from. He did a very nice air bag/ suicide front end on it that I am probably going to copy unless I can figure out air cylinders instead.

Attachments

• 51pu.jpg
    51pu.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I started a thread over on the Builds board and posted some photos. Still trying to figure how to get them in the body of the post.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1111edited.jpg
    IMG_1111edited.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back