New to the forum but not to rust.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herc Oakwood

Hello out there.
I own a couple of shops in the land of tall corn and am trying to stay retired. Our shops specialize in suspension and brakes but get involved in far more. We work on everything from golf carts to mobile cranes.

My brother and I have gotten back to messing with rods after building the business and raising the families. I will get to some pics of what we have started soon. Sadly I am far better at the "thinkin and buyin" part than I am at the finishing part.

The current list of unfinished projects:

49 Studebaker pickup shortened 12" and channeled 8" sitting on a 87 Suburban chassis shortened 30".

41 Dodge M37 Powerwagon. V8 chevy powered

61 Dodge M37 open cab waiting on Cummins 4BT

74 Postal Jeep right hand drive, waiting on a 1/4 elliptical front axle and chevy 350 with a blower.

49 English Ford Wagon waiting on a 5.0 and chopped top.

69 Lincoln Mark III waiting on rust to even out so it can be clear coated.

40 Pontiac 4 door at this point too solid to cut on.

58 Beetle rag roof waiting to be reassembled.

67 Beetle Conv. Needing finished.

59 Rambler 4 door bone stock and not inspiring.

62 Impala 327 4 speed needs finished.

And a wife that does not believe I will finish and sell a single one. I'll show her.

Peace,

welcome

how about shorting the 1959 Rambler 4 door bone stock and not inspiring ride into a 2 door and put it on a custom chassis, stick in a newer style V-8 and go have fun with it[;)

Later :cool:

Hey Herc

My son lives in the area of tall corn too...(Kansas)...I love the way your stuff out there ages...back here in the Northeast it gets a lot more intense for sure.
I like the first truck you are working on...Studebaker truck..
a 59 Rambler....now thats a cool ride too...

thanks for joining the fun...

MikeC

WELCOME to RRR... That's quite a list of projects... Please get that camera out and send us some pictures to sit and ponder by.........

Latest posts

Back