new to the site

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outcastpunk

hey guys.been looking around for a few months now.decided join today.i really like the site.trying to learn about these rats.about two years ago i seen one in a mag and fell in love.

i have ran demolition derbies for the past 17 years.finally called it quits this summer when i got the car i wanted.its a 73 caprice.it represents alot for me and my wife...my years of tearing up 70 model g.m.s,and the years me and my angel(wife) were born.so i got this car and my plans are to restore it this winter(well start on it :) ).once i finish it, or get it were im satisfied,i will park it in the corner of the garage and then start on a rat.all the years of fabbing stuff up will come in handy.i have allot to learn,but i catch on pretty quick.

so enough about me.just wanted to say hi.

i know its not a rat but its what im building first.here is a pic of my caprice.

Attachments

• 100_5141.jpg
    100_5141.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_5136.jpg
    100_5136.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_5517-2.jpg
    100_5517-2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
Welcome

Welcome to here.

That Caprice is nice. Im with Rainman, just a minor altitude adjustment and it will be good to go.

Just for the record, We are a bunch of opened minded people round here. That is good ole "American Iron" and it is good enough for us...

Welcome...very nice caprice. Most of us have several cars and at least one is comfortable and clean. My other car is a 73 Cad.:)

thanx for the the warm welcome.

i know the caprice looks good but it has dents and scratched and some rot starting on the wheel well lip,also the vinyl top has some small tears starting.my uncle is a body man so i want to take care of it now.

i noticed today when i logged on i misplelled "outcastpunk". i got it spelled with to p's. kinda looks as if im studdering. is there a way to go back and change it or should i just make a new account? i tried to change it,but all i could do was change my password.maybe i missed something?? let me know.

hey fuzz... a 73 cad.thats bad!! im a caddy fan myself(when it comes to demolition derbys).i just built a 76 last winter.i have built a few of them.i should post some pics.73 and 74 caddys are the best nosers g.m. made(when you hardnose as 74 impala bumper on it :) ) haha.oh wait this is a rat rod site.got to get a new mind set.after 17 years its a hard habit to break.
thanx again for the warm welcome guys.im sure i will have plenty of questions.

fuzz....her is a some pics of my past caddys.the first pic is a 76(blue) and a 74(sivler).the second pic is the 76(blue) after being built.both were 350 powered.the silver one had truck straight leafs and the 76(blue now black) had a 10 bolt with 4:56 gears under it,pretty big cage in it also haha.caddys are some bad nosers!! i drove the blue 76 for a year and half.it was a nice ride.

Attachments

• 100_3396.jpg
    100_3396.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_5665.jpg
    100_5665.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to RRR, outcast. Demos ar alright by me. Did some of it years ago. Even qualified for a World Championship 100 car when it was in NY.

Latest posts

Back