New welding table!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Haven't been around the board as much lately as I've been extremely busy tryin' to keep some of my $$$ on April 15th!!! :mad: And I've also been bustin' it to make some $$$ as I've taken on several extra projects & all that takes loot! :eek:

Anyway... a dear friend of mine passed to the next world this New Years eve! He was my hero & mentor, a hell of a welder, and a jack of *many* trades & a master of them all. He worked for Disney as a model maker, worked for NASA designing the glue that holds the tiles on the shuttle, went to Berkley in the 60's, was friends with Ken Kesey, Timothy Leary & lots of other icons of that era. He built the fish food chains for several museums all over the country including ours here in Houston. He was a chopper pilot, was a heavy crane operator in the Persian Gulf & dove a real Cobra in his earlier days & even pulled Steve McQueen out of his wrecked sports car when McQueen crashed near his house in LA! He was a huge guy, a gentle giant, generous to a fault & lead many incredible lives in his short 64 years here on planet earth! Everyone called him Bear! He had a big white beard & look like a HUGE Santa & had his picture taken as Santa with his huge hunting rifle & all these trophy heads on the wall in the background. There are things you didn't know about Santa!!! ; - >

OK... I regress... sorry... I am just now able to talk about this! He had just built a new welding table & I scored it this weekend! It's a little bigger that I really need & I am considerin' cuttin' it down later. It is a table with I beams that sit on top of the main table so they can be moved to suit the project u're workin' on & it works like a dream. The I-beams are too long for me & in this picture I'm cutting them down with my plasma cutter! I'll be cleanin' it up & buildin' frames for my projects on this bad boy shortly & will keep u updated!

table.jpg

BoB

Nice table Tripper. Which project are you making a chassis for first?

Gastrick,
Here's what I'll b workin' on besides my '41 PU!...

truckster2.jpg

I bought this truck for $400 & will b bringin' it home later this week or early next! Of course mine will not be purple or have a LaSalle grill!!! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• chevtruckster.jpeg
    chevtruckster.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
Nice......

Nice table, Tripper.
I am sure it will see lots of use and it's cool that you could have
a usable memento from a friend who has "moved on down the road".

I really like those Truckster renderings, this will be a great project.
I will be paying attention to this, as I have another of the R&C renderings
in mind for my next project... (must finish the 22dodge first :rolleyes:). '22

Back