New Year's Resolutions.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Ok, we are getting near that time of year again when we set a plan out for the upcoming year. I know we rarely keep them, but I still sorta make some promises to myself that I hope to keep. Here are mine (carwise) for 2014:

1) Get this *&%#*** Cadillac Northstar engine swap finished and out of the shop. I am down to the short strokes, and had it started for a few seconds, so now I just have to wrap up a few things (like the theft alarm system doesn't recognize me and keeps trying to lock me out !:eek:)

2) Get back on my rpu project and get that one on the road. I really haven't done anything that matters on it for over a year, and I really am looking forward to getting it on the road. The hard work is mostly done, I just have to do bodywork and stuff like that now.

3) And, hopefully, buy a T bucket body next November at Turkey Run to build a little drag altered from. As soon as I get the 350 back from the machine shop I can start assembling it and then I can build a simple tube frame for the car.

I know better to make resolutions to eat better and stuff like that, I never do any of those things anyway, so these goals are more attainable. So, what are some of your resolutions for 2014 ????

Don

1] get my 46 rpu a rolling unit and continue to move towards getting road bound.
2] get my basement bathroom up and working
3] do some road trips in the 63 falcon

First - Merry Christmas Don!

Resolutions? Let me see...

1) '79 Mustang - ongoing father/son project - 351W - needs a rear main seal and could use an overhaul at the same time. (Hope to hit the "street legal" drags this year for its maiden voyage. :eek:)

2) '96 GMC Crew - Affectionately know as "White Elephant Too" - sitting for a few seasons - needs to be resurrected and pressed back into "tow vehicle" service.

3) '38 Chevy sedan project - AKA "Demon Seed" - Neglected for a couple years as life dictates - shall return to the shop at the nearest possible date. (Tired of waiting... let the sparks fly! [;))

4) Way down the list - "Vintage" slingshot dragster - 150'' WB - needs a total reconstruction/update from 30'' back - tubing bender on the way - no idea when I'll get to the car - 2016 perhaps...

1. Get the Lincoln drivable this year
2. Get the Lincoln drivable this year
3. Get the Lincoln drivable this year
4. Did I say Get the Lincoln drivable this year? :D

1. Reo finished by springtime.

2. Dragster ready to race by summertime.

3. Rover drivable by fall.

4. Hupmobile project started by winter.

I keep my list short. Get done with all the little projects so I can get more time in on the big one...A halffast lawyer can shoot holes in most of that :D

1) Get the Rat on the road for a test drive.
2) Get a fence up in the yard for the new dogs so they can roam freely!
3) Enjoy driving the heck out of the truck when its totally done...

Finish putting the 468 back together for my 82 Chevy c10.
Get my blower motor finished and running on the test stand
Get started on a RPU project..

1-Get my Valiant running
2-Get my Valiant painted
3-Sell the Valiant
4-Move to Arizona
5-Buy an old car there

I have sooo many projects it's hard to make a list. So, some have to go on the back burner and others on the list so something gets done this year.

Complete restoration/paint on 66 Barracuda

Get my 46 Stude p/u driveable.

Same for my 59 Opel - running and driveable even if its just a spin around the block...

Maybe even start some build threads for these guys..

Short list, but big projects. Time to get started [;)

I'd like to see some of my own stuff get done this year. Seem to work on projects for everybody else, but then it does pay better.;)

I give up making the same old resolutions. This year I plan on making it to the next one. That is my resolution. MAYBE take the dodge on a legal drive. but that is not looking to promising.

Latest posts

Back