Newb from B.C. Can

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy

First time on a forum. Just think ratrods are sweet. Have a harley I've chopped up, would love an old rat p/u. You can't beat the character of age and style. Loud and obnoxious how could you not love 'em. Any pointers on the best place to start would be great. Looking forward to learnin what I can.

Last edited:
welcome

starting points vary--

what are your'e skill sets, makes all the difference when you get a project.

lots of info here, ask, people will help ya where they can.

Later :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome from Alberta.

Skull nailed it. What your skillset is with mechanics, metalworking and problem solving will determine what your project's beginnings will be.

But, there's so much great information here, that it would be tough to screw up royally.

Use the search feature here. It's helped me buckets.

-M.c

Thanks guys, I'm pretty good with my hands. A few buddies and I mess with our bikes all the time. I did the bulk of the work on my bike myself, from choppin, fabbin, body work and even makin some wooden parts. Got great pals for help with any mechanics I can't figure out myself. I would love to get my hands on an 30s- 40s pick-up.

Welcome to RRR! Start looking for some tin to work with and go from there. Hit the builds section and see how far you want to go - some guys start with a runner and others start with a pile of twisted scrap.

Welcome from Southeast Michigan..

Sounds like you've got some experience to share.....load up some pics of that stuff.....nice to have you....[P

Sounds like you've got some experience to share.....load up some pics of that stuff.....nice to have you....[P

I'm new this forum stuff (not a huge computer guy, I swing a hammer for a living) not quite sure yet how to upload pics.

Latest posts

Back