Newb from Maryland

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDrex

Just found this place. I'm looking for my next car project, just sold a 500+HP '93 Mustang. Want something old and cool, and cheap. I've always wanted to build my own car and figured a T-bucket was the best place to start. I'm a huge car fan and love anything the goes fast, handles well or looks cool.

So, anyone else from MD? I'd love to see some local rods to help with my plans.

Also, I'm planning on mostly using new aftermarket parts for the main part of the frame, body, and suspension. So any advice you guys have on titling and registering a car like this? Anyway to get it registered as a '23 Model T?

Welcome to RRR MDrex. RRR member Donsrods buolt one of the coolest T's ever and documented much of the build here. You might want to check that out for a start. He also documented the entire build over at Club Hot Rod. I would post a link to that but the site seems to be down right now.

Yeah, I've seen donsrods T on the T-bucket board. That's kind of the look I'm shooting for, maybe not that low tho. I don't want a ton of chrome, pretty paint and expensive wheels, just something simple and cool. Oh and fast.

Welcome!!!

Rex,
Welcome to the forum & good luck finding a project! Let us know when u do cause we're gonna wanna see some pictures!!! ; - >

BoB

Welcome to RRR. T-buckets are a good place to start build it like you want mild to wild! Some T-bucket companies will get you a title if you buy the body and frame from them.

I'm in Hampden, in north central Baltimore. I am just south of Rolland Park and right near JHU.

Neverdun - were you at the Essex Community College car show today?

So I picked up a '27 T a few weeks ago. Pretty much a finished car, but I'm making some changes to make it mine. I figured it was faster and easier to buy one built the first time around. The next one I will build. I may start by just getting a real steel body for this car first. Here are a few quick pics, this is how it looks right now. I've got some new wide tires & wheels coming for the rear.

DSCF2838.jpg

DSCF2845.jpg

DSCF2839.jpg

And with the covers off, I really didin't like them.
DSCF2855.jpg

Latest posts

Back