Newbe from Syr N.Y

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmic12

I just joined this morning as a recommendation from another member.
I have been into street rods & kustoms for over 40 years, (guess I am old:eek:)
I gave up the sport for about 15 years and got into performance boats:(, believe me the cars are way cheaper.
Anyway at this time I am putting togeather a 37 Pontiac that started life as a 4 door hump back sedan and is now a shortened chopped channeled 2 door 5 window hump back coupe.
I look forward to interacting with everyone here and seeing what happening out in the world of this strange hobby of ours.[;)

Attachments

• S6301390 007.jpg
    S6301390 007.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 22
Welcome

Welcome to a cool site where your will gain a ton of info and see some real creativity!! on a budget. There are some great people on here and no real b.s. Oh and hobby? No it's a SICKNESS!!! [ddev

Welcome! I've heard that cars are cheaper than boats!!:D..Post some more pics of your car, I'm interested in what you did.[cl..CR

Thanks for the welcome guys,
I can post some pics of the build and what I started with if you want.
Its not anything to pretty but it is different, and what else do you do with a rotted out 37 Poncho 4 door?

Attachments

• 37,Pontiac 001.jpg
    37,Pontiac 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 21
  • S6301277 008.jpg
    S6301277 008.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
Hey Cosmic

Albany Ny here, we are kinda like neighbors. Your old Poncho reminds me of my youth back in the 1970's. We used to go to the local dirt track and watch cars like yours race around in circles. They didnt have chopped tops and the bodies never were that straight. You gotta throw some numbers on the doors. Just kidding..
welcome aboard :)))

Like mikec4193, your ride reminds me of a dirt track car as well, love the look of them. Not sure if that's the look your after, but it's cool. Welcome to the site.

welcome aboard, Just outside of Rome myself. Hope to see your ride at this years Old Skool Round-up at the Nationals this year. Last years show was my rods maiden voyage, my buddy claims i was doing 75mph on 690. Funny, seemed more like 55mph to me.

Since were on the subject of old dirt track cars, i found this guy off of RT8. He still races vintage dirt track! These cars are the real deal. Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_0980.jpg
    100_0980.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0978.jpg
    100_0978.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_0981.jpg
    100_0981.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back