newbe in Tenn.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trotter

Hi to all
To tell a little about myself. Iam married for 20 years three girls 15,10 and 3. i live in tenn. I work for a trucking company as a class 8 truck mechanic. I like working on old car as a hobby. the last one i did and still have is a 1953 packard clipper. i did all the work myself. but not recovering the seats. now i just want to do a cool hot rod. that is low and mean with a good sounding motor. i have done a 57 belair and a 77 trans-am and a 73 jeep over the years. Here is some pic. of my Packard. will i did try to upload some pics. of my car. i something that a security token was missing it will not upload the pics..:confused: so any way this a cool site..[P

hay i think i got it to upload some pics..[cl

Attachments

• packard new tires 002.jpg
    packard new tires 002.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 24
  • packard new tires 006.jpg
    packard new tires 006.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
  • packard new tires 005.jpg
    packard new tires 005.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17
here is the engine and cab[P

Attachments

• new packard pic 007.jpg
    new packard pic 007.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 18
  • new packard pic 008.jpg
    new packard pic 008.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 16
  • new packard pic 009.jpg
    new packard pic 009.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 15
  • new packard pic 019.jpg
    new packard pic 019.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 17
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Make u're self @ home & feel free 2 join rat in! Beautiful Packard!!!:D

BoB

it took me over three years. the hard part was finding good parts for it. because you cant just go to any local part store to get any thing. but luckly i still have a older parts store that has a lot of old parts manuals that he was able to cross over older part number to a same but newer part of a different make on some parts. the rest was a lot of internet searching.. and there is only less then a hand full of places you can get the rest of the parts and they no it too..

ya!! Jerry's speed and custum is still around and "TL" Jerry's daddy was the one that help me a lot. here is the belair that i did and that green car is the packard when i got it. i only have pinted pitchers of the other two.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 8
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 8
......So, then I bet you'd recognize some of my garage "Wall Art" :D
53packard327head.jpg

I used to have the steering wheel off the same car too but sold it on eBay.......maybe to you:confused::confused:
That Packard of yours is some kind of SWEET! That dark blue and red rims are an awesome combo. I love a post car too.....take one over a hardtop any day. Is that straight eight a 327? What kind of exhaust are you running? Those eights have a sound all their own.....and sound sweet when split:cool:
Welcome to RRR, glad you found us cause judging from your past projects I'm sure we'll all want to follow along on your rat rod build!! Now get out there and find a project....[P[P

thanks for the compliment :D. it is a 327. i had it machine 30 over with new 30 over pistons and dack 2 thousandths to ture up. i put all new valve, guides and springs. it did cost me more at the machine shop due to the block being so long that he had to retool his boreing machine just to do it. iam still running the stock exhaust manifold and ruuning it out new 2 1/2 pipe with a thrush muffler. as of the steering wheel it is original to the car. i have been looking for a 30 something car but i really dont want to say that i have to sale this one first or i well get vaporize. i am trying to sale it on a different site. because i'm like this[dr to do a real cool rat rod..

Latest posts

Back