Newbee from Iowa

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stump

I am "Stump" from eastern Iowa and a new member of RRR. I have been a dirt track racer for the last 20 years and have decided to hang up the helmet. Over the last 20 years, I have bent up plenty of sheet metal and tubing on and off the track. I became intrigued with rat rods over the summer when I went to a couple of car shows and saw some. I liked the fact that there aren't any "rules" to building one; it's just the creativity of the builder on how it is done. With that being said, I am the new owner of a 1951 chevy truck 3800 shell and an s-10 chassis with a 305/700r project. Unfortunately, the floor and firewall were cut out of the cab without any bracing, so I have to try and get the "wet noodle" effect under control before I can get started. The members here are very informative and seem to be very helpful, which is a tool this guy needs in his MAC Tools toolbox (I am a self-employed MAC Tools distributor also). Has anyone used a hood as a floor pan? I have a hood from a 68/69 chevelle as a donor. Thank you and I look forward to the new relations.

Welcome from Texas. I think the hood would make a great floor pan. A little bracing in the right spots and you got it. I know what you mean about the wet noodle. My Ghia was the same way. Just make it safe and enjoy working on it. Later.

Diagonal measurements will be your friend!
Glad to have you here, post up some pics, we love pics!

Any sheet metal will work for the floor, and old hood is as good as any!

hello there from ky this is the best site there is so much great info.....
and 50's chevy trucks are great one of my first rat rods.....
on you floor pans get a old washer or dryer they are thick metal and double wrap they work great for patch jobs...and you can get them for free!!!![;)

Latest posts

Back