Newbie from Arkansas with a '41 chevy sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cskiles

Hey all, I'm new to the rat rod scene. Just got a 41 chevy off of craigslist as my first go around. I'm in Springdale Arkansas and would love any help and advice I can get.

I'll get pics up this evening. They aren't that great though. Good old iPhone camera. Also, I forgot to list the mods it already has. Roof has been chopped, I was told 3" hard for me to know if that's right or not though. Body is on an '85 oldsmobile chassis with new floorpans. Has smooth firewall and shaved handles. I figured it was a pretty good deal for $800.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from CT. I'm doing a 40 Chevy 2 dr sedan. Gotta love them big cars. Your in for a lot of fun.[;)

That's Chikkendale Arkansas home of the chikkenhaulers and originators of the chikken truck.
In case anybody doesn't know what a chikken truck is it's either a Pete or a K-whopper with a billion lights, the engine turned up to the max and about 20 half filled logbooks in the bunk.

First Bullhauler I saw I thought it was a UFO.
It passed me like I was standing still. I got on the CB and said "I'll be... I just saw me one of them there UFO's."
Someone asked me if I was seeing things and I said "Nope I listen to Art Bell and I know all about UFO's... They go real fast, you usually only see em at night... They're covered in bright lights and they go around abducting livestock."
The fella said aw thats a bull hauler I said "Nope it's a UFO, if you seen in the window when it came by there was a little green man in there"

Then the bullhauler got on the cb and said "Hey!, I know I've been driving all day but I don't look that bad yet!"

Bear with me, these are just phone pictures.
d2f7af57.jpg

5792f717.jpg

b43d43b4.jpg

46d6bb5c.jpg

Don't know about that last one ?? welcome to the triple R !

that's trucker talk
Springdale Arkansas is "Chikkendale" Springdale Ar is a big name in the poultry industry.
Kansas City is "The Bright Lights"
Los Angeles is "Shakey town"
Chicago is "The Big Windy"
Denver is "Mile High"
Atlanta is "Hotlanta"

Chikkentrucks got their name for a style of customization original to Chickenhaulers and similar to Bullhaulers.
Chicken Haulers are generally hard working hill folks
And Bull haulers are generally hard working ranch folks
The mountain men from the south take alot of pride in their ride, they ran hard, burned the coal, made some good money hauling chickens and fixed their trucks up real nice They earned a reputation for having some of the nicest hardest working and fastest trucks on the road.
This is relative to why the "Trick My Truck" fellas have their shop in Joplin Mo.

Chickendale truckers are some of the originators of customized semi trucks
Chikken in this context has nothing to do with Yellow or Whimpy

If your pickup or Bobber is a clean machine fixed up nice with lights and chrome and not gobbed up with unnecessary decorations and someone comes by and says "Hey, that's a nice chikken truck!"
thank them..they just paid you a high compliment.

Welcome to RRR!

Looks good. I'm thinkin maybe closer to 4" chop. Probably a Cutlass frame. Easy for parts and setting a 350/350 in.

thanks for the info. He also said something to the effect that it had been shortened by a foot and the doors are off of a 4 door sedan.

Quick question, is there something special I need to be doing for the quick reply to work? Every time I try to use it, it won't let me type in the box.

welcome bro. i just joined the site like a week ago. im starting a ratrod. your car looks more like a gasser type. looks good though.just got the frame last night. going to go get the cab in the next week or so. im getting a 40's chevy truck cab. and im using an 86 s10 frame for the disk brake setup. you'll be amazed at what you can find on craigslist. ive been buying and selling for a year or so with parts, mainly old chevy stuff. so if i can help you locate anything holler at me. im in mayflower, ar. which is the next town south of conway. oh the quick reply, if you look at the far right corner of the last post, there is a little box that says quick reply to this message, click that and then it will let you type in the box.

Latest posts

Back