Newbie from Michigan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a 29 Model A to turn into a rat rod.* I'm a retired ironworker and owned a steel fab shop for 31 years.* I feel I'm fairly handy with a torch and welders.* Built a lot of stuff over the past years.* Kept the shop and some equipment so I can tinker.* Haven't worked on cars since drag racing days in the sixties.* Never done any body work.* Want to learn as much as possiblebefore I start hacking on it.* Looking for any good books on motor swaps, suspension, frame rebuild, chop and drop, etc.* Thanks for any assistance and I look forward to reading the posts.Bruce

Welcome to the RRR. I don't know about the books, but you can learn alot here. I think you have got one of the best cars to learn on. I would really like to see pics of it and I know all the rest of the guys would too. Welcome and please join right in.

Welcome Bruce..after 31 years of metal working I doubt you'll have any problems building that Model A....:D

Welcome to RRR! I bought the Tex Smith's "How to build a Hot Rod Chasis" book it has allot of good info in it. Make sure to start a build thread once you get started.

Buy the Vern Tardel / Mike Bishop book "How To Build A Traditional Ford Hot Rod". You will learn a LOT, and it is a gospel of early Ford hot rods...

Latest posts

Back