Newbie from Northern California...Hello...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V12 WIllys

Banned
Hey there I just found this forum... I want to introduce my self and my project.
My name is Jerry and I live in Northern California, I have a 8yr old son that is addicted to hot rods as well. My first rat was a 26 Ford Coupe, they didnt call them rat rods at that time. That car ended my first marrage. Damn I miss that car.... Since then I have owned a **** ton of misc cars. Everything from a bagged 64 Coupe DeVille to a 74 Prostreet Suburban and a couple of 30 Ford tudor sedans

My current project is a 1928 Willys Whippet Sedan
Chopped and shortened in to a 5 window extended cab truck
36 Ford Bed cut to 4'
Z'd rear frame section with a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII rear suspension fully independant and bagged Ford 8.8 center section and 323 gearing
1930 Ford Straight Axle with 56 Ford Drum Brakes
Body is channeled 4" in the front and 2.5 in the rear to give it a more aggressive stance.
1991 850IL BMW V12 5.0 liter and 4 speed overdrive transmission.
Custom made intake with 2 Holley 4bbl carbs

The Axle in the photo is for mock up only. I should have the intake and exhaust finished by next week.
The big question right now is do I chop the top or leave it alone? What do you think??

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

Welcome to RRR, V12. Nice looking ride. Like the whole V12 Beemer eng/trans. I'd leave it unchopped meself.

Welcome from a newbie.

Man, I like your project. I would leave the top as is on that one. As was already said, it would look too long.

Major cool engine/trans choices. Excellent idea.

*Edit- I just noticed that you said MK VIII rear end. Also very cool. I have been toying with the idea of using a RX7 independent rear.

Chris

Welcome V12..very unique project you got goin on , I like it! And you get extra points for posting pictures with your intro. :D ..I vote to chop it alittle.

I thought about using the RX7 rear as well. I decided on the Lincoln due to the fact it uses a 8.8 ford center section so gearing and lockers are chep and easy to come by, just check out any mustang forum they have tons of stuff for sale. Also the Liincoln is a fully sub framed rear section. 4 bolts and the entire rear suspension drops out of the car. I found a low mileage wrecked Lincoln at Pick and Pull I spent an hour and a half and $200.

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02643.jpg

Anybody who puts a V12 in anything is alright in my book! Cool project man!! I think it's fine the way it is without the chop. You've already got it down pretty lowand it looks great. It's your truck - do it how you want. Welcome to RRR. I'm out of the box too. Only cause they can't catch me to put me back in!!!

Thunder

Last edited:
I know a guy who has put a Lincoln or T-Bird IRS in a 56 F100. Sweet set up.

The only reason I would use one from an RX7 is that I have it here and it is a limited slip diff! Also, the ratio I have is good enough for me.

Yours is certainly the way to go if you want to use one though! I have had no problems with 8.8's, I have blown up a 7.5 or two.

Latest posts

Back