newbie in oklahoma

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratbus

I am a 54 yr old self employed car nut have been all my life as far back as i can remember I tried building drag cars for a living spending a small fortune on a pro street car I QUIT now I want to learn about rat rods and try my hand at it I have found 1939 chevy pu that I intend to build I do have a question about where to find the VIN on this vehicle thanks

welcome to the RRR! most old chevies i've seen (mostly cars) had a metal tag on the exterior part of the firewall/cowl........maybe pass. side?[S

actually more of a ford guy, so if i'm wrong, i apologize in advance:p:rolleyes:

welcome to the RRR! most old chevies i've seen (mostly cars) had a metal tag on the exterior part of the firewall/cowl........maybe pass. side?[S

actually more of a ford guy, so if i'm wrong, i apologize in advance:p:rolleyes:

That is the place to start. It should be there. Mine was un-readable.
Welcome to the site.

now I want to learn about rat rods and try my hand at it I have found 1939 chevy pu that I intend to build I do have a question about where to find the VIN on this vehicle thanks

Ratbus,
Welcome to the forum and good luck with you pickup. VIN number? We don't need no stinking VIN number! :D

BF

1939?????????

thanks guys for the info but after looooooong nite researching I actually have a 1941 truck so the disc brake kits are available, this really is a whole lot of fun

Check the firewall, both sides and all around the drivers door frame. Good chance it ain't there anymore. Anyone know if they stamped the frame?

Might wanna start a new thread for that question. You'll be sure to get an answer.

Welcome to RRR! We like pics...

Latest posts

Back