Newbie Nebraska!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hizzle48

hello my name is heath i live in lincoln nebraska and i am new to this site and just wish i would have found it earlier! This place is like heaven!! I have a 1948 ford f100 that im currently building. its a slow going project but hopefully now that i have alot of the parts gathered up i can get it on the road by may.

here are a few pics. 7 inches sectioned out of the side.Suicide doors.Homemade Cnotches and leafsprings flipped. it now has a mustang II front end on it and getting a 450ish hp chevy 350.

rat.jpg

rat2.jpg

rat3.jpg

Welcome from Tennessee hizzle48. A really cool truck there. I like the fact that you sectioned it. You don't see many sectioned F1 Fords. You have any more pictures of how you did it?? I'd appreciate knowing more about it.

Thunder

thanks for all the welcomes! I do have tons of pics of when we sectioned it, i will post them when i get back to my house. I figured most of you would ask my why i didnt chop the top? When i bought the truck i had most of the glass given to me so instead of having to buy glass i figured i would leave em factory to save alittle money! and plus i kinda like how it looks with no chop. I also have alot of questions to ask since this is my first build. :)

Another Welcome from Iowa. I was in your city last Sunday attending the Swapmeet. What a facinating thing.:):)

Another welcome from the far side of Iowa. If ya have some time, post up a build thread of what you done so far. I just figured you hadn't chopped it yet.

thanks for all the welcomes! I do have tons of pics of when we sectioned it, i will post them when i get back to my house. I figured most of you would ask my why i didnt chop the top? When i bought the truck i had most of the glass given to me so instead of having to buy glass i figured i would leave em factory to save alittle money! and plus i kinda like how it looks with no chop. I also have alot of questions to ask since this is my first build. :)

I really like your thinking on the decision not to chop it! [cl Sectioning is a cool way to go. Just goes to show there are other ways to get a lower profile without the overdone practice of a chop job. I won't be chopping my 51 F1 either but you've given me something else to consider doing now. [S:D

Thunder

Latest posts

Back